Author Topic: Bar risers on CT  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Elmsall Plodder

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Highlander camo
  • City / Town: South Elmsall
Bar risers on CT
on: May 06, 2019, 06:39:04 AM
Has any one fitted handle bar risers to their CT,it's not realy a hieght issue, I just feel I would be more comfortable with them a couple of inches closer to me, so has any one done it and did it make the difference they were hoping for?? Cheers guys

Offline whiteakita

• Crosstourer Member
Re: Bar risers on CT
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 08:42:58 PM
I feel exactly the same, just ordered some 30mm risers today.
Due to the angle of the standard risers pointing towards the driver putting risers on will push the bars towards the driver further.
30mm is about the maximum riser that can be fitted without modification to the cables/wires so I've read.

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 08:56:21 PM
Several people have fitted them, try using the “Search” function and you’ll find the relevant threads.

Offline Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 12:52:22 PM
I fitted a set.  They are 25mm(?), not sure search and you'll find the original thread.  I had a hard time finding a set that were 1 1/8.  Mine were 7/8 to 1 1/8 so not perfect.  Also I had to enlarge the mounting pattern a bit.  In the end they were cheap  :001: like $15 cheap.
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 02:26:54 PM
The stock Honda cables don't allow for much movement up/back whatsoever.  I bought several pairs of popular risers and returned them since they would not work with the OEM cables and I didn't want to invest in custom cables as well.  In the end I ended up with a little bar lift but not what I was hoping for.

Online wack

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ollerton
Question re: Bar risers on CT
Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 07:48:31 PM
*Originally Posted by whiteakita [+]
I feel exactly the same, just ordered some 30mm risers today.
Due to the angle of the standard risers pointing towards the driver putting risers on will push the bars towards the driver further.
30mm is about the maximum riser that can be fitted without modification to the cables/wires so I've read.

Hello folks,

Looking for confirmation that the above is correct regarding the maximum rise with standard cables etc. please.

If this is the case, which bar risers would you recommend ?

Many thanks in advance.

Wack

Offline Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 08:10:23 PM
You can go up to 2in.  At 2 in the cables are way tight and you need to remove all the factory brackets and you have limited position options.  I had 30's (1.25 in ?) on previously and it was tight but you didn't have to do much, but again still limited placement.  So it will work fine, but you may not get exactly what you want.  It will be better.  I'm pondering going back to the other set to play with a slightly better position.

I mean they are up but not really back.  A shorter rise will allow more "back" positioning.
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

Offline matt28

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2018 CT manual
  • City / Town: South East

arab-exile