Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Factory Suspension Setting Question  (Read 618 times)

Online mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Fort Myers
Re: Factory Suspension Setting Question
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 04:54:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Showkey [+]
Suspension is one of those things that is very subjective...........where one rider is ready to sell the bike and the next guy it’s the best suspension he has ever experienced.

There are bikes with great suspension, there bikes with crap suspension, there are bikes with marginal suspension, there are bikes with adjustments and some with no adjustments..........they all have one thing in common:

Perfect uniform or Funky or inconsistent tire wear.

Pretty much consistent on all vehicles of all types the rider or driver has control or is the primary variable in brake, clutch and tire wear and fuel economy.

Same vehicle one guy gets 40 MPG and the next guy gets 60MPG, one gets 50,000 on set of brake pads next  guy gets 17,000, next guy 6,000 ...........same with tires.

Some guys wear it as a badge of courage.......the faster I wear brakes and tires the greater the fun factor.

Few bikes have a enough suspension adjustment to make a real difference in ride let alone effect tire wear.
My NC700 has no suspension adjustment.......yet on the NC forum tire wear and tire life is a constant discussion but yet there’s the 20,000 miles and the 2,500 life span  on the same tires.

All well-taken points.  On the NC700, I owned one also.  I truly regret selling it.  I did not need to for any financial reasons.  Great machine just not what I wanted for touring but definitely what I want for Sundays and back and forth to the gym, store, etc.  Oh well.  NC750 is out now.  Maybe that will be added to the stable if the Chief Finacial Officer of the house approves!   

Offline oskar

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XH
  • City / Town: Oviedo
Re: Factory Suspension Setting Question
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 08:34:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Showkey [+]
Suspension is one of those things that is very subjective...........where one rider is ready to sell the bike and the next guy it’s the best suspension he has ever experienced.

There are bikes with great suspension, there bikes with crap suspension, there are bikes with marginal suspension, there are bikes with adjustments and some with no adjustments..........they all have one thing in common:

Perfect uniform or Funky or inconsistent tire wear.

Pretty much consistent on all vehicles of all types the rider or driver has control or is the primary variable in brake, clutch and tire wear and fuel economy.

Same vehicle one guy gets 40 MPG and the next guy gets 60MPG, one gets 50,000 on set of brake pads next  guy gets 17,000, next guy 6,000 ...........same with tires.

Some guys wear it as a badge of courage.......the faster I wear brakes and tires the greater the fun factor.

Few bikes have a enough suspension adjustment to make a real difference in ride let alone effect tire wear.
My NC700 has no suspension adjustment.......yet on the NC forum tire wear and tire life is a constant discussion but yet there’s the 20,000 miles and the 2,500 life span  on the same tires.

:0461:

arab-exile