Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crosstourer RTW  (Read 6527 times)

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
Re: Crosstourer RTW
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2019, 03:57:22 PM »
Really enjoyed your photos and report, thanks Muzza
Bill

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2017 CT DCT
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2019, 04:14:10 PM »
Thanks Bill,
Would love to add pics on here also, but every time I try lately, it tells me my file is too big and anything I’ve written also disappears  :003:

Writing the blog takes a bit of effort, and to be honest after a long day in the saddle, drinking beer is more important :031: I’ve tried drinking beer and writing, but that’s got me into trouble in the past and Wifey suggested I give that a miss :211: Subsequently at times the blog gets put on the back burner and I get a little behind.
Priorities, you know...

Glad you're enjoying it.

Muzza

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2019, 04:31:52 PM »
Thoroughly enjoying your blog Muzza, especially the latest one involving the Dalton Highway and your trip to the Artic circle.
To see those pictures of your Crosstourer on the road to Tuk and against the Artic Circle sign are very inspirational to any CT owner thinking of embarking on an adventure, any adventure no matter how far.
It would be nice to think that “Mr Honda” would read your blog and view those awesome pics and think “well, we really did produce a great (reliable  :047:) adventure bike, why the hell have we dropped it from our range”. 😀
Really looking forward to following your continuing journey Murray and can’t wait to read the book....!  :028:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:50:09 PM by Dave56 »
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2019, 03:27:24 PM »
Hi Dave, and thanks for your comments.

While I agree with your sentiments, at the end of the day, it all comes down to sales figures :019:

Honda’s decision to concentrate on the AT and introduce the Adventure Sport version, may have been the right one.

While I haven’t ridden the AT Adventure Sport, I was lent an AT by Barrett Honda here in Canada, and it certainly didn’t disappoint, performance wise.
The ergonomics however left me underwhelmed.
I was riding sometimes in rain, and was pounded by rain that my CT would have slipped through, keeping me relatively dry :152:

The screen on my ‘18 CT really is one of the bikes best features, and the optional knee/rainguards really do work.
The new AT AS, has a larger screen, bigger tank etc, and looks the business. I’d like the chance to ride one in all weather.
I’ll bet they sell a lot of them :028:

But here’s the thing Dave: For me and this ride, it’s 99% tarmac due to the distances I’m traveling. The CT makes an admirable attempt on gravel and dirt, but not more :084:

I only bought the CT on this journey because it’s the bike I had. I purchased it for touring Europe with Wifey, and it will return to normal duties when we return.

The CT isn’t a GS and was never intended to be.
It fills an unusual space, but it’s a small space.
As a big, stonking road tourer, the CT is hard to beat, and that’s why I bought it. But I guess Honda has other bikes that better fill that space :084:

If there’s one thing that still annoys me, day after day, it’s the shaft clatter. Grrrr... :010:

Thanks for following along :305:

Muzza

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #76 on: Today at 02:13:22 PM »
Big Red and I made it across the vast plains of Canada.
In Fruitvale BC, you will recall we fitted new rubber. Hiedenau K60 scouts. The noise off the front tyre has driven me crazy. It starts to whine about 70kph, and it just gets worse from there  :110:
I’ve been trying to track down my favourite tyre, a Mitas E07, without having to go hundreds of km out of my way to get it.
No joy.
Today we head up the St Lawrence seaway  :305:, as we head for Nova Scotia and the Atlantic Ocean.

German buddy is somewhat behind me in Winnipeg, fitting new chain and sprockets. Something I don’t have to worry about  :009:

Wifey is busy making arrangements to fly the bikes, and ourselves across the Atlantic to London. The bikes will be on the same flight. Thanks Air Canada!

As always, see pics and read more www.motoaddict.nz

Cheers
Muzza