Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crosstourer RTW  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2017 CT DCT
Re: Crosstourer RTW
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2019, 07:46:04 PM »
They look good don’t they? I’ve a friend in Tasmania Australia, he turned 80 while he was on a camping tour of New Zealand on his DR650. He placed an order for the adventure recently. Gotta take your hat off to him. He’s an inspiration!
Here he is enjoying his NZ tour.

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2019, 07:35:00 AM »
Hi All,
Well we made it to Vladivostok and the Sea of Japan without issue the CrossTourer is still singing like a bird. In Vladivostok we cleaned the bikes and stuffed them into a container, ready for freighting across the Pacific.
Now taking a break in Vancouver Canada, waiting for the bikes to catch up.

Read more at www.motoaddict.nz

Muzza

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2019, 03:41:31 PM »
Murray,

Are you in need of accommodations or desiring any riding company or local routing while in the US?  I live in the PACNW (North Idaho) and would enjoy meeting you two and sharing a portion of your ride if it lines up for both of us.  I seem to recall you were planning on skipping the whole WA/ID/MT area (a mistake IMHO - North Cascades Highway, Coeur d'Alene, Glacier NP are all amazing this time of year.)   :169:

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2019, 05:37:20 PM »
Hey Dembones,
 We hadn’t planned on entering the US. While nothing is set in concrete, if the bikes arrive in good time, my plan was to take a wee detour to the artctic village of Tuktoyotuk, while German buddy enjoys a little hiking and camping in the Canadian Rockies. He’s into that sh#t, me not so much  :305:
I’ve ridden the areas you speak of before, and wholeheartedly agree, in fact ID is probably my favourite state. :028:

Muzza