Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crosstourer RTW  (Read 7486 times)

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2017 CT DCT
Re: Crosstourer RTW
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2019, 07:46:04 PM »
They look good don’t they? I’ve a friend in Tasmania Australia, he turned 80 while he was on a camping tour of New Zealand on his DR650. He placed an order for the adventure recently. Gotta take your hat off to him. He’s an inspiration!
Here he is enjoying his NZ tour.

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2019, 07:35:00 AM »
Hi All,
Well we made it to Vladivostok and the Sea of Japan without issue the CrossTourer is still singing like a bird. In Vladivostok we cleaned the bikes and stuffed them into a container, ready for freighting across the Pacific.
Now taking a break in Vancouver Canada, waiting for the bikes to catch up.

Read more at www.motoaddict.nz

Muzza

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2019, 03:41:31 PM »
Murray,

Are you in need of accommodations or desiring any riding company or local routing while in the US?  I live in the PACNW (North Idaho) and would enjoy meeting you two and sharing a portion of your ride if it lines up for both of us.  I seem to recall you were planning on skipping the whole WA/ID/MT area (a mistake IMHO - North Cascades Highway, Coeur d'Alene, Glacier NP are all amazing this time of year.)   :169:

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2019, 05:37:20 PM »
Hey Dembones,
 We hadn’t planned on entering the US. While nothing is set in concrete, if the bikes arrive in good time, my plan was to take a wee detour to the artctic village of Tuktoyotuk, while German buddy enjoys a little hiking and camping in the Canadian Rockies. He’s into that sh#t, me not so much  :305:
I’ve ridden the areas you speak of before, and wholeheartedly agree, in fact ID is probably my favourite state. :028:

Muzza

Online mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Fort Myers
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2019, 06:22:37 PM »
Bikes make it over yet?

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2019, 08:46:23 PM »
Bikes should be on the water now. It’s Russia, so it doesn’t happen as we’d like or expect. Pay cash, hand over the bikes, and pray  :034:
Meanwhile, R&R on Vancouver Island with wifey, who flew over to keep me company :007:

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2019, 04:46:06 PM »
After waiting 6 weeks, our bikes finally arrived. Wifey and I enjoyed our time touring around British Columbia and Alberta, in a rental car, catching up with family and friends.
On the day wifey was due to fly out :019:, we received notification we could pick up the bikes.

Great timing. Spoilt only by the fact that the cost off getting the container about 7km from ship to the importing agent, plus soil inspection and demurrage, turned out to be around twice the price quoted, and almost the same as the cost to get our bikes all the way across the Pacific Ocean from Vladivostok :005:.And of course, pay in cash, before we even get to see the bikes :151:
We don’t have any options, except to spread the word online amongst the motorcycle travel community.

So, if anyone knows of anyone thinking of using Astra International to import anything, think again :110:
Please note, we had absolutely no issues with our shipping agent in Vladivostok, Yuri Melnikov. He provides a sterling service.
Rant over.

That day I rode Big Red across BC to the small village of Fruitvale, and the small Honda dealership of Barrett Motors.
Gordon Barrett is the proprietor. His Dad was Canada’s first Honda motorcycle dealer, and a nicer more helpful guy, you could not meet.
Gordon fitted Big Red in for tires and a service, during a particularly busy time of year, Even though he was short staffed in his workshop. He just made space for me, and got the job done :028:

I fitted the CT with my favorite brand of tire, Mitas. An E11 front, and E07 enduro rear.

I then pointed Big Red north, headed for the Inuit village of Tuktoyuktuk, North West Territories., and the Arctic Ocean, to dip a boot into the same ocean I had visited with Big Red, last year at Nordkapp, the tip of Norway :305:

Stay tuned.

Muzza

Online mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Fort Myers
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2019, 06:08:39 PM »
Sounds like a wonderful trip despite the unexpected cash outlays!  Stay safe.  Enjoyed the pics on the blog. 

arab-exile