Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crosstourer RTW  (Read 2292 times)

Offline wack

• Crosstourer Pro
  • It's not a hobby, it's in yer blood !
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ollerton
Re: Crosstourer RTW
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2019, 10:43:05 AM »
I'm definitely in, and really looking forward to following you boys through every mile of your epic adventure.  :047: :046: :152:

Stay safe chaps.   :080:

Wack

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2017 CT DCT
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2019, 01:04:19 PM »
Hi everyone.

Trip is going well, no bike issues.
The language is getting a little more difficult, but we make do.

Now we are in Estonia, and are waiting to cross into Russia. We have pre booked a border crossing in the early morning at Narva, and hopefully this will give us the time we need to get to St Pertersburg that day.

See more at www.motoaddict.nz

Offline potman2

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: vfr1200x dct
  • City / Town: Llandudno
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2019, 03:28:42 PM »
I'm jealous, hope you both are having a great time and I hope your COFFEE was good. Lol. :001:

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2019, 03:11:21 PM »
Greetings all from Saint Petersburg Russia!

We had a relatively smooth border crossing into Russia, but the whole process took nearly 6 hours :005:

Paperwork, patience and yet more paperwork :087:
Mother Russia, it would seem, moves at her own pace...

See more at www.motoaddict.com

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2019, 04:15:52 AM »
Greetings all,

Took a break in Saint Petersburg. Wifey and German buddies wife flew in to join us, and we spent some days enjoying good food, arts, culture, fluffy pillows and duvets :002:

What a great city. Very clean, no dog sh#t on the streets here. Peter the Great used Italian and French designers and architects to build Saint Petersburg, known as ‘ the Venice of the North’

The bikes are holding up well, but I’m hoping for some sunshine soon. Gloomy weather does my head in  :003:

See more at wwwmotoaddict.nz

Muzza

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 01:35:17 AM »
Hi All,
We are well on our way across Russia now, day after day spent on the Trans Siberia Hyway.

The CT continues to perform well, but is closing in on its next service (30,000km). It’ll have to wait till Canada, but I’ll probably dump the engine oil shortly.

The Trans Siberia offers great opportunity to ring the last gas out of every tankfull.
Best I’ve done is 415km, with 20 km still flashing on the dash.

We had a contact at the Ural factory in Irbit, and they opened the doors for us and told us to enjoy.
What a treat, walking amongst the guys on the assembly floor with our cameras. No restrictions, photograph anything we want, then a guided tour of the nearby museum, with a former USSR motocross champion.

See more at www.motoaddict.nz

Muzza

Offline Friday

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Manitowoc, WI
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 03:02:33 AM »
Those Urals look like there’s plenty of bodgering in putting them together. How would you describe the assembly line — computer-controlled, old world handicraft, or something in between?

Offline Mspeirs

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 05:08:05 AM »
Hi Friday,
Very basic assembly line. No hi tech at all, slow and methodical. Output is only 100 units per month. The guys were super friendly and relaxed, inviting us to take a closer look at what they were doing. Just pleased to see bikers appreciating their trade, I think.

Muzza