Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Proecedure for replacing air filter?  (Read 541 times)

Offline 5 speed

• Crosstourer Member
Proecedure for replacing air filter?
« on: April 11, 2019, 05:43:11 PM »
Can someone please help me understand what I need to do to get to the air filter?  What do I remove?   I have lot of vibration of plastic when revving so while i am inspecting i want to see if anything is loose. Bike has 8k on the clock and new to me. Appreciate any assistance. Thanks

Offline oskar

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XH
  • City / Town: Oviedo
Re: Proecedure for replacing air filter?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 05:04:32 PM »

First: remove the fairings, first unscrew the fog lights that can stay hanging of the tube under the main light with wire ties, remove the bars and then the fairings, look this link: https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,3644.0.html

Second: look this post https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,6473.0.html

I hope I have helped you, bye!

Offline 5 speed

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 06:23:14 PM »
Your awesome thanks for this. I did use the search function to no avail.  Looks like quite the pain in the arse. 
Will need to wait on this with only 8k on the clock at prsent. And if i do all this I might remove the tank and take it and the wings for a paint job. I do not like all the different shades of black on the ‘16.  I also thought about leaving the tank black and having the black plastic sprayed another color. Would want to find a photoshop expert first and try to have a look before doing the deed.

Offline 5 speed

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 02:20:40 AM »
So I ended up taking the bike apart and pulled the thank so I could wrap it and side panels in teal metallic.  Color looks good but it was a big pain and the quality of the job not so good.  I did replace the filter because I had it apart and it was dirty.  Put a K&N on because it was same money as paper.  I think I lost a little bottom end with its combo of the aftermarket slip on pipe.  I guess I need a Power Commander if they make one to richen it up a bit.