Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CT Restrictions  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
Re: CT Restrictions
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 01:06:42 PM »
Different intake, cams, and exhaust diameters.  Power restrictions based off throttle in 1st, and 2nd, not sure on third, and a top speed restriction of 127 mph.

If I wanted a "sport" VFR I would have bought 1 and still might.  This thing is a beast and has nice balanced power for it's intended use.
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

Offline willb

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 04:37:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Plane Dr [+]
.... a top speed restriction of 127 mph.

Is that actual speed or indicated on the dash speed? Reason I ask is I've had mine reading well over 127mph in Germany on the Bahn!

Offline Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 01:21:43 PM »
I'm not certain there is much difference.  My speedometer is dead on with GPS.  I haven't scientifically tested it either, that was a number I saw quoted somewhere (here I think)  I've got the boxes on mine usually as well as the screen extension, so I stick to below 125.   :745:  I know it certainly seems to start running out of steam around there.

Bear in mind that is mph as well so it would be 200 kph give or take.
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT X
  • City / Town: Orpington
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 03:07:26 PM »

Hi plane Dr. A bit of your post about woman I think is a great one liner wonding how much trouble I get into if I used it.

Fire fox

Offline Jfro5867

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2018 model
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 11:33:48 AM »
Seems to me that many if not most of us have already had high powered bikes before finding the CT. I have owned a ZZR1400 and three Hayabusa's amongst lots of others over the (many) years. They were great bikes but there's no way you can responsibly enjoy or open them up for more than a few seconds at a time without getting into serious speed territory. And I dont know whether its an age thing or what but I just dont feel comfortable razzing about like I might have done in my 20's or 30's. I dont want to ride around a corner into the back of a tractor. I dont want to lose my licence speeding either. Know What i mean. I find the CT engine perfect for the job, its comfortable, well balanced, a Honda, its plenty powerful enough, torquey and smooth. I really rate it. It doesnt bother me in the slightest that its restricted to 126 mph or whatever it is, I am never going to max it out. The other VFR f was a very different beast. Different style. Horses for courses.

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 12:48:14 PM »
Simple...supercharge it.

arab-exile