Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anakee,s 111  (Read 610 times)

Offline owen

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: wellington
Anakee,s 111
« on: March 24, 2019, 09:46:45 PM »
My crosser had Bridgestone's fitted from new but I have only got five and a half thousand out of a front and back, I have always got two rears to one front ,I don't know what went wrong ,Any way decided to try Anakee 111's,So far I am pleased with the handling,But not had a rainy day yet but I noticed the handling of the bike is a lot lighter. Cheers Owen.

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Anakee,s 111
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 12:01:56 PM »
I’d agreee with that entirely, steering seemed lighter to me also when I went for the Original Pirelli’s, I’ve had 3 or 4 pairs of Anakee3s now, never had any issue and good life too. Can be noisy at constant motorway speeds though.

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 12:15:57 PM »
Anakee's are all known to 'howl' at a certain frequency.  Michelin makes good stuff overall.

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT X
  • City / Town: Orpington
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 05:28:37 PM »

Hi Owen. I am on my 3rd set at 95 klos  and all box’s you
can achieve 10.000 miles on the front and the rear is only halfed used it ‘s a great tyres for the right balance between grip in the dry  and in the wet and handling for me it’s a very safe tyre that gives me confidence in the way that I ride they should with luck last all this year.

Fire fox

Offline Superjeap

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Why not
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 07:53:19 PM »
I almost rode 13000miles on the Anakee III and am very very pleased they are now worn so I can go back to the Bridgestone's. Dont know which Bridgestone's you've had mounted but the A40 / A41 are on all specifications prior to the Michelin, except durability, but I managed to ride ~10k on the A40. Especially in rain the Michelin perform not that good, and that is when you need your tyres the most, dont you?

The noise DEMBONES mentions is the most annoying part, above 60m/h it sounds like a big truck  :151:
<-- Check!

Honda VFR1200XD - XR400R - the Dutch gather Here

Offline andyrob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFRXDCT
  • City / Town: Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 03:54:33 PM »
I got on with my sets of AnakeeIII's fine, 2:1 rear/front sounds right. Never noticed the noise.

Dunlop Roadsmart3 and Michelin Trail5's were a step up in grip though and not much difference in mileage out them... :020: :305:

Offline leadfarmer

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: R1200 GS LC
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 08:52:34 PM »
Personally I hate the deathwings the CT comes on as standard

My GS came on Anakee IIIs and I found them to be great tires in the dry and wet, quite long lasting too

Some folks don’t like them because they are noisy but that never bothered me in the slightest, I’ve had various tires on various bikes that have also been noisy

Currently running Conti Road Attack 3s on the GS and they are excellent

I always replace tyres 1 for 1 because I wear fronts out as quick as the rear
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:54:51 PM by leadfarmer »
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul ....

Offline ammoman

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 10:00:59 PM »
Only done about 200 miles on the Anakee's but I have to say I'm very impressed. And yes they can howl at a certain speed but no big deal. :152: