Author Topic: Greetings from Flatistan!  (Read 2479 times)

• Offline 5 speed

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    67
    • Topic Author

Offline 5 speed

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Greetings from Flatistan!
    on: Mar 21, 2019, 01.33 am
    Mar 21, 2019, 01.33 am
    Never heard of Flatistan?  If you are a member of Advrider you have.  So I live in United States in Florida.  Flat,Sand, Alligators,Snakes and lots of ants.  I have a KTM950 and have a deposit on a VFR1200X, '16 with 4K on it.  Crash Bars and a skid plate.

Now I am contemplating giving up my dirty girl Katie.  Shes special, and bad ass. 450lbs 100HP tricked out over the last 8 years.   Can ride at 70MPH on the sand in my National Forest north of here all day long.   Been 100MPH too.  My boy with me on his GS1200 wasnt up to it.

Anyhow, the dirt trips are fewer as I am now in South Florida.  Have owned a VFR800 with Staintune Exhaust on it.  Sounded so sweet, like a V8.   I hope with a pipe this baby will sound like that too!   Anyhow that bike was just not comfortable enough.

The 950 is an overgrown dirtbike.  I like the seating position.  It could be a bit more comfy on the road and it stays at redline a bit much on the road.

Enter VFR1200X.  Power, check, Seating position, check.  19/17 Wheel combo for the road, check.  Weight, well lets call her a BBW that can dance.  I think thats fair assessment, and I like big girls!!

Cant wait fellas!

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Re: Greetings from Flatistan!
    Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2019, 06.19 am
    Mar 21, 2019, 06.19 am
     :400: and safe riding  :305: 5 speed
    Bill

• Offline Longdude

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    176

Offline Longdude

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: Yamaha XT660Z Te
    • City / Town: Exeter
    Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2019, 06.31 am
    Mar 21, 2019, 06.31 am
    Great intro 5 Speed,
    I had a 950 ADV, loved it, but the 1200X is sublime. What an engine. And a little bit exclusive (I like that).

:400:
    MoorMan.

• Offline Dave56   gb

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1794

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1100 DCT
    • City / Town: Grantham
    Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2019, 07.24 am
    Mar 21, 2019, 07.24 am
    Hi there 5 speed great intro and welcome along the colleCTive or as its sometimes referred to “the big girls club”, I’m sure you’ll fit right in.  :001:
    "The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

• Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    314

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: CT X
    • City / Town: Orpington
    Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2019, 11.03 am
    Mar 21, 2019, 11.03 am

Hi 5 speed what a great introduction  :400: to the forum have fun with your CT yes
    she is a big girl but she can dance with a firm hand any questions just
    ask way no questions is too dumb on here.

Firefox.

• Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    574

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2019, 11.22 am
    Mar 21, 2019, 11.22 am
    *Originally Posted by 5 speed [+]
    Never heard of Flatistan?  If you are a member of Advrider you have.  So I live in United States in Florida.  Flat,Sand, Alligators,Snakes and lots of ants.  I have a KTM950 and have a deposit on a VFR1200X, '16 with 4K on it.  Crash Bars and a skid plate.

Now I am contemplating giving up my dirty girl Katie.  Shes special, and bad ass. 450lbs 100HP tricked out over the last 8 years.   Can ride at 70MPH on the sand in my National Forest north of here all day long.   Been 100MPH too.  My boy with me on his GS1200 wasnt up to it.

Anyhow, the dirt trips are fewer as I am now in South Florida.  Have owned a VFR800 with Staintune Exhaust on it.  Sounded so sweet, like a V8.   I hope with a pipe this baby will sound like that too!   Anyhow that bike was just not comfortable enough.

The 950 is an overgrown dirtbike.  I like the seating position.  It could be a bit more comfy on the road and it stays at redline a bit much on the road.

Enter VFR1200X.  Power, check, Seating position, check.  19/17 Wheel combo for the road, check.  Weight, well lets call her a BBW that can dance.  I think thats fair assessment, and I like big girls!!

Cant wait fellas!

Hey 5 Speed.  I think we are two of two in South Florida on the VFR!  I have not seen another one other than in showrooms.  Did you just buy the bike?  In any case, enjoy it and ride safe.  I am over in Fort Myers.  Well, unincorporated Lee County in Gateway.

• Offline 5 speed

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    67
    • Topic Author

Offline 5 speed

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2019, 12.43 am
    Mar 22, 2019, 12.43 am
    Thanks everyone.  If all goes well I will have the girl in the garage by Saturday evening.
    First order of business is getting rid of that awful Silencer and buying a slip on.  Next will be getting rid of that catalytic converter which means full exhaust but that is for later.

I need to adjust the sag and suspension, do an oil change, grab some do dads off the 950 and mount them, and get a nice aluminum luggage plate for the rear so I can attach all my soft luggage.  I really like the one on my 950. What I have seen so far looks kind of small; I need it to be 12 inches wide.
    Oh and the stock grips have to go. I like a certain type and like to safety wire them on.  I also have some Rox Risers off another bike that I will use to raise/adjust the bars.

That will get me started at least!

• Offline Dave56   gb

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1794

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1100 DCT
    • City / Town: Grantham
    Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2019, 09.05 am
    Mar 22, 2019, 09.05 am
    Pictures, we definitely need some pictures.  :001:
    "The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"