Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TPS Reset  (Read 474 times)

Offline merlot

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: 2015 crosstourer
  • City / Town: triabunna
TPS Reset
« on: March 14, 2019, 07:48:05 AM »
does anyone know how to reset the TPS on manual CT:005:
i have messed with the return spring on same and fitted aftermarket exhaust :087:.....i now get high idle when warm(1300rpm) and was thinking to reset TPS if its not too tech....ive reset the ECU but now need to find the temp sender plug the bridge it(i think)this was in a vid on youtube(but not for CT)

thanks in advance
russ :821:

Offline Superjeap

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Why not
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
Re: TPS Reset
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 09:37:31 PM »
Hi can you explain a bit more, I cant really figure out what you've done (with what spring?) and how you could even possible reset a sensor?

<-- Check!

Honda VFR1200XD - XR400R - the Dutch gather Here

Offline merlot

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: 2015 crosstourer
  • City / Town: triabunna
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 10:50:46 PM »
i think the idea is to bridge the temp sender to trick it to thinking normal temp when you do the tps reset(if its possibl)
the spring is behind the throttle cable pulley on the tps...i made a lighter spring for the throttle return as mine was really tiring
the idle isnt too bad given that i dont do any city riding but i thought if there is a simple procedure that i would do it

russ
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:52:22 PM by merlot »

Offline Superjeap

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Why not
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 09:04:23 PM »

https://www.crosstourer.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=2180

According to the video I think you need to locate the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature sensor)
The location is a bit strange, in the .pdf file above it shows somewhere under the fuel tank, but I think it is around the same spot as the Grom in the vid
<-- Check!

Honda VFR1200XD - XR400R - the Dutch gather Here