Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Screen extensions  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Nogshere

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bikers rebalance the force
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Appleton
Re: Screen extensions
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 01:25:28 PM »
Since I bought my CT, I'd been looking for someway of improving the amount of turbulence from the standard screen and following Longdude's advice and as I'm also a long f**ker, I went for one of the cheaper adjustable eBay options (~£30) and must say it has made a massive difference. Additionally I have fitted the homemade fork deflector mentioned in another thread and this has also reduced the amount of draught from below, pics attached;

Offline Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 01:31:33 PM »
I was wondering about the lower deflector.  I have been tempted to build one. Was it worth the effort?

I have the X-Creen touring mounted on the stock shield.  works pretty good.  I had it in the "parts bin" so for the price on this bike it was worth every penny.
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

Offline Nogshere

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bikers rebalance the force
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Appleton
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 02:55:38 PM »
I would say its worth a try on the basis that it cost nothing and took about an hour to make but the Screen extension has surprised me with its effectiveness.

Offline bloxham

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200 XDH
  • City / Town: North Oxon
Re: Screen euro 4
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 08:20:14 PM »
On the subject of screens, my euro 4 with the Honda adjustable screen, I find the screen rattles.  It looks like it's moving
in the adjuster rails, regardless of the screen position setting.
Anyone else had this ?

Offline Longdude

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Moor to Sea in Devon.
  • Bike: VFR Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Exeter
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2019, 08:42:45 PM »
Nice one Nogshere, looks the same as mine. Having now covered around 2000 miles with mine fitted, to the Honda touring screen, I'm very pleased with it. I'm also doing the 'behind the top yoke' deflector this weekend.

Bloxham, bad news about a rattle on your Gen 2.
My name is Rob.

Offline potman2

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: vfr1200x dct
  • City / Town: Llandudno
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2019, 02:55:17 PM »
Hi Bloxham, mine does it to, don't want to mess with it yet (still under warranty)

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2019, 06:57:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Nogshere [+]
........I went for one of the cheaper adjustable eBay options (~£30) and must say it has made a massive difference.

Hi Nogshere, I’m looking at doing the same re eBay screen extension but am a little confused  :087: owing to the amount available on fleabay. Any chance you could post the link for the one that you purchased so I can order the same one. Many thanks.  :028:
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline Big_John

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '16 Black Manual
  • City / Town: Black Forest
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 01:27:55 PM »
I had a Cee Bailey touring shield on my GS with the MRA bolt-on spoiler and it was the smoothest, best pocket of happiness I have ever experienced on any motorcycle.  When riding an Iron Butt.... you need all the help you can, to stay fatigue free.

Our VFRX's need some attention as well.  First I have opted for the CalSci Large screen and it was a vast improvement over stock, but the bike needs a bit more and I have an MRA on order.

By the way, I will be ordering these as well......

https://inpreda.com/products/honda-vfr1200x-vfr-1200x-crosstourer-wind-deflector-pair-16-18

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 01:31:02 PM by Big_John »

arab-exile