Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Today is the day for changing over the suspension  (Read 1550 times)

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT X
  • City / Town: Orpington
Re: Today is the day for changing over the suspension
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 02:03:59 PM »

Hi everyone. This is the report on my new suspension I  have used different type of roads.
I will start with this ardjill not word you would use talking about the CT I was surprised
how a different it felt on sweping bends and and tight twisty bend on county roads even
When you have to readjust in the bends no drama just lean over more I was not expecting this to be so different that word again ardjill it all so made this 80 miles on to days ride in and round box hill this newly found ardjill very injoyable still 27 miles to do
this  report while down at box hill.
The springs I use three rings showing and 8 clicks from stop you will find the mount of travel is a lot less than honda’s I ride over mixed roads so county lanes sweeping bends and twisty bends around in between box hill and new lands corner you still feel some      the bumps but not as much even when you go over road markings paint that are very thick its a lot smorther but because the springs are stiffer they respond quicker when braking at lower speeds is lot less travel in the end I did just one hard braking I used more travel from a bout 60 mph it returned very quickly the front springs work very well and some very smorth roads .
The rear shock is a 640 is I believe is for road only I weigh 95klo including kit so the settings prset at the factory mine set at 12 clicks out of  22 that’s for the shock to return quickly feels about right you still fee some holes but not the  kick in the rear because the shock returns quickly it’s in place for the next uneven bit of road I found the experience so different what I may be expecting the remote adjust is set 16 mm REV’S believes you have plenty of adjustments for two up ride and luggage the spring is
for me at the moment and including 25klos for me I made the right choice
The over all experience and the ride is very injoyable so where ever you ride and down
your favourite road this set up will help to injoyable a lot more .
One last thing to say this does make the CT taller I am only 29 1/2 half inch leg I use a Honda lowerd seat I don’t use a lowering kit just bear this mind when thinking about changing your suspension that’s it I hope this help but just be honest about your weight and Partner weight as this matters

Firefox

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 02:32:25 PM »
Your findings are very similar to my fist impressions after the upgrade. Bike feels so much more composed.

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »

Thanks Hartley. Just seen another CT DCT had quick check there is more fork on display and more travel about 30mm or there about.

Firefox

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 07:48:46 PM »

Hi all. So after few more days of riding the suspension gives me more confidence and allows-more fun with my current settings three rings showing and 8 clicks and the rear on 12clicks and 16mm for 95klo includeing kit I could make it softer by a few clicks but prefer on tad hard this gives me more tightler in bends and able to different lines on roundboute for me seems to give more accurate where I would like to be and being and could be seen a tad on Hardi ish I take the line my forks are not Able to have to much
Play

Fire fox

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 02:48:38 PM »
Hi all. This is my last feed back on my new suspension using Wilbers 640 shock and front springs are Zero friction and 5 SAE  fork oil used I German racing
I have decided to stick with these settings for my 95 ish Klos which are for the front 3 rings showing and 8 clicks from stop the rear is a factory settings for my weight which is 12 out of 22 and 16mm on the remote adjuster .
From the start a total change in the CT with all the different roads it’s great Inprovment
so when riding down your favourite roads and twisty bends and sweeping bends you will notice where you point your CT or where you need to go is so much more injoyment from your ride and the handling is so improved so when I am out on the CT I can  look forward to great ride if it’s just local or a long weekend a way some where.
I have only 29 1/2 inch leg and use a Honda lower seat with out using a lowing kit just remember this kit does make the seat height taller a bit the total cost including postage and two ltrs of oil the forks use just over one ltr of oil mine came to about £812 pounds or there about hope that helps for me I am well pleased with  the out come.

Firefox

Offline Friday

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Minneapolis, MN
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2019, 08:17:34 PM »
Great to see this, Firefox! You’ve taught us a lot and it’s terrific to know you’re all dialed in! :305:

arab-exile