Migsel GPS Mount

Views: 1362
Posted by: luckyluke
in: Luckyluke
IMG 1056

Views: 191
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Out of interest what’s your miles per ltr  (Read 373 times)

Online firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT X
  • City / Town: Orpington
Out of interest what’s your miles per ltr
« on: March 01, 2019, 11:26:48 AM »

Hi all. Riding home on the M25 from jun 9 to jun 4 last nigth about 10.30 I do keep regular check on miles per
Ltr so riding from 72-80 mph on the clock my lowest was 11 miles per ltr but my highest was about 14.5 ish at 78-80 bearing in mind in the speedoh is out by 9 mph so
I am  only doing about 70 mph in real speed I was surpassed what I was getting such high miles per ltr bearing in mind when riding at 90 mph ish on the clock it drops to 5.6 to 6.5 miles per ltr do the rest of you keep  an eye on your miles per ltr what ever pace you are riding at I ride solo with boxes and my weight is about 94klo and I use shell high grade fuel.

Fire fox

Offline Jumper

• Crosstourer Member
  • One day I'll grow up!
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Southampton
Re: Out of interest what’s your miles per ltr
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 05:26:10 PM »
Hiya Firefox, interesting that use premium fuel, I tried it in mine but found that it seemed to run really rough!

Rarely use the ‘instant’ fuel consumption setting but average is around 10.6 (around town) to 12.7 depending on road conditions.
Regards, Dave

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 05:46:18 PM »
Getting about 47mpg. :002:

Online firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT X
  • City / Town: Orpington
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 06:07:19 PM »

I tend to use shell as it’s keep the engine clean in side talking to others who
 used to work on car’s it keeps the engine clean that’s what they have said I used it from the start and that
 Includes my old VFR1200f it improves your mpg I believe it’s just shell helps keep clean so after three and half years riding and 31000 miles the V4 feels frisky as it did   From new if you able to use shell may be you should give it go a bit longer to clean the engine I hardly ever go above 4000 Revs as I don’t need to it’s about 12 pence more per ltr at least I have a bit more range the engine seems to run smooth .

Firefox

Offline ZeppelinV4

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 08:49:47 PM »
I'm running with an Arrow can (baffle removed), Booster Plug and K&N filter. Around town 7.5 miles per litre apparently. Long runs - about 11

Not great figures but I'm not particularly bothered as I'm a fairly enthusistic rider and it responds accordingly.

I wouldn't get too hung up on fuel consumption. Well, I don't anyway. It's great fun, never bought it with economy in mind.

Offline Richo

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT & Blackbird
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 10:07:45 PM »
 Just did a trip last week some from Nottingham to fleetwood and Average mpg was 50 that was riding through the Peak District then up the M6 . Same route back pretty good I thought ??

Offline Rushy

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT H'landerCamo
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 10:31:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by ZeppelinV4 [+]
I'm running with an Arrow can (baffle removed), Booster Plug and K&N filter. Around town 7.5 miles per litre apparently. Long runs - about 11

Not great figures but I'm not particularly bothered as I'm a fairly enthusistic rider and it responds accordingly.

I wouldn't get too hung up on fuel consumption. Well, I don't anyway. It's great fun, never bought it with economy in mind.

Spot on , I would never worry about my bikes MPG as I ride it for fun and not as a cheap form of transport . I do like to see what it I’m averaging when on a big trip for some reason but  I use the brim to brim method rather than trusting the OBC. Overall I usually average around 42-45 mpg max. I’ve never ever seen figures in the 50s.

BTW what is a booster plug ?

Ian
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:50:14 PM by Rushy »

Offline Maverick

• Crosstourer Master
  • City / Town: East Sussex
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 07:03:32 PM »
Dash indicator is generally around 8.5 - 9.5