Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Boosterplug? Or Z Bomb  (Read 2246 times)

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
Re: Boosterplug? Or Z Bomb
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 07:47:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by ZeppelinV4 [+]
https://dynojet.co.uk/16-031-power-commander-v

2 weeks lead time  :003:

Anyway, I'll see what they say. I think a dyno run with that fitted is the way forward.

You could have what you need from North America sooner than waiting two weeks lead time in the UK.   :138:

Offline smoothbored

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Powhatan Va.
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 08:46:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by DEMBONES [+]
You could have what you need from North America sooner than waiting two weeks lead time in the UK.   :138:
Bones have you installed the PC5 ? if so how was it?
VFR1200X-GSXS1000--07DL1000.

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 01:17:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by smoothbored [+]
Bones have you installed the PC5 ? if so how was it?

No, I have no plans to put a tuner in place.  I still run the stock exhaust and air filter and don't feel like the VFRX needs the stage-one upgrade for my needs.

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 07:07:05 AM »
BOOSTER PLUG ON AT DCT. Left the car park at my dealers after booster plug had been fitted and ambient temperature was showing 20c on the bike. As I rode off it felt like the cold start valve was operating bearing in mind it had come back from a road test an hour before. The throttle was that responsive and it caught me by surprise. Okay I said lets be objective about this it is the cold start valve even though the engine temperature had 2 of the 3 bars showing. 5 minutes down the road the throttle caught me by surprise again waiting at some lights to turn right. Okay you want it to feel better so perhaps you think it is. However at the moment I can say that the remainder of the journey proved that the throttle was indeed more responsive and that I had got use to it. But I will confirm this on my next ride on my usual route.
Next ride confirmed that the throttle at low revolutions in correct gear was indeed more responsive and smother. Some of the exhaust's normal popping noise had decreased. Drive mode at 30 mph on a flat road was also smoother. All that is left now is to wait for some really hot weather and a successful result of which I am very confident.
Bill

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 02:47:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yasko [+]
BOOSTER PLUG ON AT DCT. Left the car park at my dealers after booster plug had been fitted and ambient temperature was showing 20c on the bike. As I rode off it felt like the cold start valve was operating bearing in mind it had come back from a road test an hour before. The throttle was that responsive and it caught me by surprise. Okay I said lets be objective about this it is the cold start valve even though the engine temperature had 2 of the 3 bars showing. 5 minutes down the road the throttle caught me by surprise again waiting at some lights to turn right. Okay you want it to feel better so perhaps you think it is. However at the moment I can say that the remainder of the journey proved that the throttle was indeed more responsive and that I had got use to it. But I will confirm this on my next ride on my usual route.
Next ride confirmed that the throttle at low revolutions in correct gear was indeed more responsive and smother. Some of the exhaust's normal popping noise had decreased. Drive mode at 30 mph on a flat road was also smoother. All that is left now is to wait for some really hot weather and a successful result of which I am very confident.

Thanks for the report.  Hope it works for you.

One point of interest is you wrote: "Some of the exhaust's normal popping noise had decreased."

Curious, my 2016 with 20K miles has never popped or backfired a single time in it's lifetime.  Are other owners experiencing exhaust popping on otherwise unmodified bikes?

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 03:41:09 PM »
Yes it is a normal noise of this twin engine and no I never had it on the CT.  :305: safe
Bill

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2019, 11:29:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yasko [+]
Yes it is a normal noise of this twin engine and no I never had it on the CT.  :305: safe

Sorry for getting confused.  This is a CT forum, no?

Offline spudpie

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Pacific NW
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 04:46:01 AM »
Some people have a difficult time letting go.

arab-exile