Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: seat cooling pad / device  (Read 745 times)

Offline Maritimer

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Moncton,N.B.
seat cooling pad / device
« on: February 12, 2019, 03:12:00 PM »
A while back someone from the forum directed me to a product website ( maybe a Germany product being distributed in France). It was a seat pad that had a cooling effect on your backside. I lost the website address and I don't remember the name of the product. If anyone remembers the product, could you please post the information. I'm interested in obtaining one.

Thanks, louis

Offline Maritimer

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: seat cooling pad / device
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 11:36:01 AM »
Disregard my last message, I found the website.
https://www.coolcovers.co.uk

Louis

Offline Maritimer

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 02:25:54 PM »
I just want to update my situation with Cool Covers. I finally purchased a Cool Cover and did a 25,812 km trip from Connecticut USA to Alaska and back home to New Brunswick Canada.  After six weeks of riding, I can vouch that this product works well and will cool your butt. I recommend it. It works so well that when it cooled off below 12 degrees, I had to cover the Cool Cover because I was getting too cold.   

Anyone wanting more information can e-mail me @ beemer@nbnet.nb.ca.

Offline Friday

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Manitowoc, WI
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 04:17:59 AM »
Sounds like an amazing trip!

Offline Maritimer

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 01:04:50 PM »
Yes, it was. It took six weeks, but I stayed one week with my sister along the way. I started from Connecticut and returned home to Moncton, New Brunswick.  I wore three rear tires and the fourth one Michelin Anakee Adventure) is still good. I started with a used front tire and put an additional 10,000 km on before replacing it with a Continental Trail Attack 3.  I'm still using the Attack 3 in the front and should last a while yet. I put a total of 25,800 km on the clock. The bike worked wonderfully. I had to dodge a few snowstorms but actually did very well with the weather. My heated vest was my life saver. Some of my favorite states along the way were West Virginia, Arkansas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming Oregon and of course Alaska. I skipped California. British Colombia and Yukon were also great for riding.

Offline Friday

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Manitowoc, WI
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 11:30:23 PM »
I’m guessing it wasn’t prime time for oysters on either of the coasts, but if that’s the only tradeoff, it sounds like you aced it.

Offline Maritimer

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 02:17:51 AM »
No regrets for the timing. I love riding off season. I get the roads to myself and motels prices are cheaper. If I would have left a week later, I would have had a bit better weather. Overall, I enjoyed it.

arab-exile