Author Topic: Super sensitive throttle 2017 dct  (Read 22836 times)

Offline Max2007

• Crosstourer Member
Re: Super sensitive throttle 2017 dct
Reply #104 on: November 20, 2019, 04:20:51 PM
Hallo! I just got new 2017 manual with 0km from Germany! As i read all this before, i had a feeling that the throttle on my is bit sensitive to!
I purches the kaoko throttle control and made a little adjusting, got throttle stifer and it is ok now! I thing in my case, front suspention is little harsh on bumpy roads and this is transfered to may hand and throttle and i lose control! Om my blackbird im more lean on the throttle, and the throttle is more stif so i have more feeling!
Better adjusting of suspension or better aftermarkt springs could make a diference! Sorry for writing mistakes, english is not my mother lenguage! Greetings from Croatia!

Offline SamSpade

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200x
  • City / Town: Stittsville, Ont
Reply #105 on: December 05, 2019, 01:59:34 AM
*Originally Posted by phantom53 [+]
Hi All,
Iam one of the many with a sensitive throttle at low speed .
Not being ECU savvy, what would happen if i disconnected the battery, then connected the positive to the negative lead for 15 mins ONLY ,
then reconnected the leads back to the battery.
Would this change anything??? :027:

PHANTOM53

Hey Phantom53, did you try this out, did it help any? This problem is only apparent on some bikes not all, and seems to have nothing to do with manual or DCT. I've ridden four different bikes and mine is the only one that's really bad. Of the other three one had a bit of an issue not nearly as bad as mine and the other two were spot on with no hint of a jerky throttle. I rode each of these bikes for several hours. I even tried duplicating everything on my bike with that of a bike which was super smooth (throttle free play, handle bar location, suspension settings etc), made no difference. Would really like to solve this issue as the bike is great otherwise. If not the new Africa Twin Adventure Sports might get a good look!

Thanks
Sam

Offline SamSpade

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #106 on: December 05, 2019, 02:03:40 AM
*Originally Posted by DEMBONES [+]
Can't hurt trying...

I'm about to install a new battery and will use the occasion to try this procedure out. I'll do the DCT relearn as that's all I know how to do at home.

Dembones, did you try this procedure, did it do anything? Would really like to hear it helped!

Thanks
Sam

Offline phantom53

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2015 CROSSTOURER
  • City / Town: SUNSHINE COAST
Reply #107 on: December 07, 2019, 05:19:42 AM
SamSpade

Still working on it...will keep you posted of any improvements. :062:

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
Reply #108 on: December 07, 2019, 12:20:18 PM
*Originally Posted by SamSpade [+]
Dembones, did you try this procedure, did it do anything? Would really like to hear it helped!

Thanks
Sam

No appreciable difference.  :006:

Offline SamSpade

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #109 on: December 07, 2019, 01:41:41 PM
*Originally Posted by DEMBONES [+]
No appreciable difference.  :006:

Yeah, I thought it sounded to good!
Thanks
Sam

Offline oskar

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XH
  • City / Town: Oviedo
Reply #110 on: December 07, 2019, 06:36:04 PM
In my opinion, the only way to tame 129 horsepower is the power maps and unfortunately we lack them. Another way of driving the motorcycle is with a lot of throttle control, which is too tired for the hand because it is in tension all the time.

Offline SamSpade

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #111 on: December 07, 2019, 07:13:12 PM
The part of all of this that I can't understand is why are some bikes perfectly fine and others are extremely bad! I read about this issue before I bought the bike, so when I did a test ride I spent three hours specifically looking for this problem. The demo bike I rode was perfectly smooth with no twitchy/sensitive throttle at all. I rode some gravel and broken pavement roads and it was perfectly fine. When I purchased my ST1300a in 2005 people said it had a twitchy throttle but I never had a problem. I figured this bike was the same, that is until I bought one! My bike is nothing like the demo I rode, on broken pavement unless you're heavy on the throttle or off completely it jerks and bucks like a bronco! I have a friend with the same bike and we switched for a while. After about 20 minutes he stopped and wanted to switch back saying "How the hell do you ride that thing"! His was smooth as silk, mine is as he said, a POS! Dealer just says it's fine, and could not explain why two other bikes I rode did not have the same problem. I'm going to try a larger dia grip in the spring as I find the Honda stock ones are really tiny in diameter. Someone suggested grip puppies so perhaps I'll try those first. Unfortunately it will be at least another 4 months before riding season starts here in Canada! I'll be looking at the new Africa Twin Adventure Sports in the spring, but will make sure I ride at least a couple of them to suss out any issues before I even think about buying.

Take Care Folks
Sam

arab-exile