Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Super sensitive throttle 2017 dct  (Read 11478 times)

Offline wack

• Crosstourer Pro
  • It's not a hobby, it's in yer blood !
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ollerton
Re: Super sensitive throttle 2017 dct
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2019, 03:46:04 PM »
Thanks Superjeap !  :152:

Wack

Offline Max2007

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2019, 04:20:51 PM »
Hallo! I just got new 2017 manual with 0km from Germany! As i read all this before, i had a feeling that the throttle on my is bit sensitive to!
I purches the kaoko throttle control and made a little adjusting, got throttle stifer and it is ok now! I thing in my case, front suspention is little harsh on bumpy roads and this is transfered to may hand and throttle and i lose control! Om my blackbird im more lean on the throttle, and the throttle is more stif so i have more feeling!
Better adjusting of suspension or better aftermarkt springs could make a diference! Sorry for writing mistakes, english is not my mother lenguage! Greetings from Croatia!

Offline SamSpade

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200x
  • City / Town: Stittsville, Ont
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2019, 01:59:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by phantom53 [+]
Hi All,
Iam one of the many with a sensitive throttle at low speed .
Not being ECU savvy, what would happen if i disconnected the battery, then connected the positive to the negative lead for 15 mins ONLY ,
then reconnected the leads back to the battery.
Would this change anything??? :027:

PHANTOM53

Hey Phantom53, did you try this out, did it help any? This problem is only apparent on some bikes not all, and seems to have nothing to do with manual or DCT. I've ridden four different bikes and mine is the only one that's really bad. Of the other three one had a bit of an issue not nearly as bad as mine and the other two were spot on with no hint of a jerky throttle. I rode each of these bikes for several hours. I even tried duplicating everything on my bike with that of a bike which was super smooth (throttle free play, handle bar location, suspension settings etc), made no difference. Would really like to solve this issue as the bike is great otherwise. If not the new Africa Twin Adventure Sports might get a good look!

Thanks
Sam

Offline SamSpade

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200x
  • City / Town: Stittsville, Ont
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2019, 02:03:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by DEMBONES [+]
Can't hurt trying...

I'm about to install a new battery and will use the occasion to try this procedure out. I'll do the DCT relearn as that's all I know how to do at home.

Dembones, did you try this procedure, did it do anything? Would really like to hear it helped!

Thanks
Sam

arab-exile