Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Super sensitive throttle 2017 dct  (Read 11754 times)

adrian and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
Re: Super sensitive throttle 2017 dct
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2019, 02:53:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Superjeap [+]
We now have a guy in the Netherlands who has cracked the Honda code, so he can adjust the ECU any way you like (just like Dave Guhl can). I have him altered the fuel injection values in low revs. These values are very 'poor' in the original settings due to environmental restrictions. A sensi throttle is also caused by these restrictions, I think. My bike is now much smoother in acceleration and less bumpy in low constant speed.
And last but not least, it is soooo much faster in 2000-6000rpm  :047:

Unless you live down the street from Dave Guhl good luck in getting him to respond to any phone or email inquiries.  I finally gave up after trying 1/2 dozen times.   :138:

Offline Superjeap

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Why not
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »
I know from experience, but I also know a few guys who have send their ECU to Guhl and received within 3 weeks.

I asked this guy not to alter safety settings like rev limiters or top speed limits. I know Honda takes safety very serious and you never know when you have entered the not-save-area.
The only thing is you have to visit him with your bike. He wants you to take a test drive.
It turned out Honda has a lot of different ECU versions, and every version has its own data order. It takes a lot of time to adjust all data, the test drive will tell him all is fine. Its not his job, just hobby.
<-- Check!

Honda VFR1200XD - XR400R - the Dutch gather Here

Offline Vform

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2019, 01:49:28 AM »
bampy

Following your post where you tell us your experience concerning that super sensitive throttle , I went to my dealer and ask him to do a  PDI  on my VFR1200 XD 2016

He agree and the result is something like for you ........ a much smoother throttle response as I start moving
His procedure is to  disconnect the battery , and attach the cables ( pos & neg ) together  for 15 min. to remove all the memory
Then he reset the bike computer according to Honda specs

It works for me

This bike will remain nervous on bumps , as others said , but it really change the throttle smoothness from the start ; it's obvious

Thanks for shearing you experience

Jean

Offline wack

• Crosstourer Pro
  • It's not a hobby, it's in yer blood !
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ollerton
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2019, 02:55:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Superjeap [+]
I know from experience, but I also know a few guys who have send their ECU to Guhl and received within 3 weeks.

I asked this guy not to alter safety settings like rev limiters or top speed limits. I know Honda takes safety very serious and you never know when you have entered the not-save-area.
The only thing is you have to visit him with your bike. He wants you to take a test drive.
It turned out Honda has a lot of different ECU versions, and every version has its own data order. It takes a lot of time to adjust all data, the test drive will tell him all is fine. Its not his job, just hobby.

Hello Superjeap,

So is this guy taking bookings for people to turn up and have their ECU adjusted  :007:, if so, can you advise how he prefers to be contacted ?  :440: :440: :440: :152:

Bye for now.

Wack

Offline Showkey

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2019, 08:20:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vform [+]
bampy

Following your post where you tell us your experience concerning that super sensitive throttle , I went to my dealer and ask him to do a  PDI  on my VFR1200 XD 2016

He agree and the result is something like for you ........ a much smoother throttle response as I start moving
His procedure is to
  disconnect the battery , and attach the cables ( pos & neg ) together  for 15 min. to remove all the memory
Then he reset the bike computer according to Honda specs

It works for me

This bike will remain nervous on bumps , as others said , but it really change the throttle smoothness from the start ; it's obvious

Thanks for shearing you experience

Jean

Very likely the dealer the DCT relearn ( as per the shop manual and the procedure has been well documented on the forum)......that does adjust the clutch engagement points making for a smoother start from stop. Discussed on all the throttle sensitivity posts ........ Little or effect on the throttle over sensitivity. 

Offline phantom53

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2015 CROSSTOURER
  • City / Town: SUNSHINE COAST
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2019, 09:08:39 PM »
Hi All,
Iam one of the many with a sensitive throttle at low speed .
Not being ECU savvy, what would happen if i disconnected the battery, then connected the positive to the negative lead for 15 mins ONLY ,
then reconnected the leads back to the battery.
Would this change anything??? :027:

PHANTOM53

Online DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2019, 10:03:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Showkey [+]

Very likely the dealer the DCT relearn ( as per the shop manual and the procedure has been well documented on the forum)......that does adjust the clutch engagement points making for a smoother start from stop. Discussed on all the throttle sensitivity posts ........ Little or effect on the throttle over sensitivity.

Can't hurt trying...

I'm about to install a new battery and will use the occasion to try this procedure out. I'll do the DCT relearn as that's all I know how to do at home.

Offline Superjeap

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Why not
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2019, 09:45:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by wack [+]
Hello Superjeap,

So is this guy taking bookings for people to turn up and have their ECU adjusted  :007:, if so, can you advise how he prefers to be contacted ?  :440: :440: :440: :152:

Bye for now.

Wack

try this page in google translate

https://www.vfroc.nl/forumVFR/topic/30291-sabsteef-firmware-reflash-vfr1200f-and-vfr1200x/
<-- Check!

Honda VFR1200XD - XR400R - the Dutch gather Here