Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Super sensitive throttle 2017 dct  (Read 10249 times)

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Re: Super sensitive throttle 2017 dct
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2019, 01:38:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by Showkey [+]

I agree on here we go again:

To me that’s  technician code for............”no trouble found” ..........but I want to get paid ( by Honda warranty)  and I have to tell the customer in did something.

“No trouble found” or “can not duplicate” or “all systems checked and normal”  on the repair order just makes the customer mad.

You seem to have not understood my post, I stated that the dealer solved the problem and that was the mechanic’s explanation. It worked for me if you have an issue believing what I’ve posted then that’s an issue you need to address

Offline Showkey

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2019, 02:23:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by bampy [+]
You seem to have not understood my post, I stated that the dealer solved the problem and that was the mechanic’s explanation. It worked for me if you have an issue believing what I’ve posted then that’s an issue you need to address

Understand your post .............Yes.........the mechanic’s explanation is not believable. 

But if the mechanic changed the throttle cable free play or something else  and then said thats part of the PDI then that helps.

Offline Showkey

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2019, 02:25:24 AM »

Understand your post .............Yes.........the mechanic’s explanation is not believable. 

But if the mechanic changed the throttle cable free play or something else  and then said thats all part of the PDI then that covers it.   

Offline oskar

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XH
  • City / Town: Oviedo
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2019, 01:14:04 PM »

The CT sensitivity is not fuel mixture issue ( it’s NOT too lean or too rich).
The CT does not hesitate or surge or flat spot or refuse to take throttle.

The only possible mixture error is at 30-40 mph in a higher gear.  The throttle is open so little.......that the slightest unintended movement of the grip (bump).  Will cause the throttle to close and go into decel fuel cut.........But........it’s because the throttle is closed.   To experiment and experience this.  Mark the throttle grip with tape and mark reference marks on the tape.   The marks allow you see how little the throttle grip moved at certain speeds and gear selection.   

An example of grip movement over bumps is ATVs.   The thump throttle was used because the hand and wrist position changes so much under normal ATV use makes smooth grip throttle operation almost impossible or useless. 

Back to CT:
In very simple terminology  the throttle movement of the grip to throttle plate movement is too quick.
The fix is not easy as changing the mechanical ratio or the drive by wire ratio of throttle plate movement can not be changed ( easily).  Honda would have to rewrite the throttle by wire parameters in the software. 

Obviously rewriting the software is not rocket science.   Many modern cars and trucks have eco mode switch  ........the first step in the eco mode is “deaden” the throttle movement.  Deadening takes More “gas pedal” movement to accelerate the vehicle.
Getting the software written on a discontinued bike, then certified and deployed to the dealer network is a huge task and cost.  Especially if not everyone agrees it’s a problem.

:0461:. The best explanation I've heard. Thanks.

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2019, 07:27:53 PM »

So you are admitting that the mechanic did something yes? And he didn’t just make something up for the warranty claim. My only reason for posting my “experience” was to give others who had been to their dealer with the exact same problem and didn’t get a resolution some pointers. But then you get members rubbishing or belittling or know different/more in their answer to said posts.

All I would say to conclude this is if a member posts a problem and another offers suggestions where they have experienced the same problem but have experienced a positive outcome rather than throw doubt, belittle or express a view that they were being “conned” it may be a more sensible option to say nothing.

Offline Superjeap

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Why not
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2019, 08:16:31 AM »
We now have a guy in the Netherlands who has cracked the Honda code, so he can adjust the ECU any way you like (just like Dave Guhl can). I have him altered the fuel injection values in low revs. These values are very 'poor' in the original settings due to environmental restrictions. A sensi throttle is also caused by these restrictions, I think. My bike is now much smoother in acceleration and less bumpy in low constant speed.
And last but not least, it is soooo much faster in 2000-6000rpm  :047:
<-- Check!

Honda VFR1200XD - XR400R - the Dutch gather Here

Offline Murphy

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Suffolk
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2019, 12:48:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Superjeap [+]
We now have a guy in the Netherlands who has cracked the Honda code, so he can adjust the ECU any way you like (just like Dave Guhl can). I have him altered the fuel injection values in low revs. These values are very 'poor' in the original settings due to environmental restrictions. A sensi throttle is also caused by these restrictions, I think. My bike is now much smoother in acceleration and less bumpy in low constant speed.
And last but not least, it is soooo much faster in 2000-6000rpm  :047:

Did he get rid of the speed limiter? Or better yet, can he reset it to give more accurate speedo readings?

Offline Red Boll

• Crosstourer Member
  • Almost Weekend!!!
  • Bike: 2014 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: (near) Rotterdam
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2019, 01:02:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by Superjeap [+]
We now have a guy in the Netherlands who has cracked the Honda code, ....
Sounds very good!  :152: Was it expensive and will this guy do this for other CT owners also???  :021: