Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Super sensitive throttle 2017 dct  (Read 5605 times)

Offline Drew66

• Crosstourer Junior
Super sensitive throttle 2017 dct
« on: February 10, 2019, 09:03:03 PM »
Hi I have a 2017 model year dct and think the throttle is super sensitive, its either off or on with what appears to be no transition between both. Also when riding along and just maintaining speed it wants to either accelerate or decelerate. Has anyone do so noticed this and what could the issue be apart from the obvious rider factor. The bike is new and has only 240 miles on the clock so will be going back for its first service in a few weeks depending on the weather but would like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Many thanks

Offline Fredz

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: Super sensitive throttle 2017 dct
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 12:52:11 AM »
I haven't but why wait until first service when they will charge you adjusting it.  I'd take it back now and get em to correct it as it at their cost.

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 07:28:42 AM »
 Hi Drew, does it do the same in manual mode,? Is the idle speed correct with a warm engine temperature? Does it do it in drive and sport mode?
Bill

Offline mondeoman

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: vfr1200X
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 02:52:52 PM »
My 2018 DCT new in April has always been perfect.  :028:

Offline smalle10

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Soon Crosstourer
  • City / Town: NYBORG
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 05:03:29 PM »
I rented a 2017 no DCT and drow 2200 km in the Alps. When in 2 and 3 gear on bad roads, the bike was jumping like a bull because off the sensitive throttle.

Per

Offline Vform

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 05:11:32 PM »
Hi  Drew66

I have a 2016 DCT  and I experienced a kind of loose throttle handle(freeplay) when I bought the bike
Talking with the salesman , he told me that this bike is  ''throttle by wire '' but it is a cable from the throttle handle down to the throttle body
The manufacturer deliver these models and others with a kind of loose or inactive throttle for the first 4-5 mm of the throttle handle
You can adjust that freeplay with the adjusting nut on the cable just below the throttle handle
If you look closely under the commodo you will see the throttle cable (the other is and electric cable ) wich is covered by a rubber protection tube
Pull (slide 10 - 12  cm ) that protection tube toward the engine and you will see that adjusting nut with it's lock nut
Then you can use your open tool 10mm and 8mm  to slacken the lock nut and hand adjust (reduce to none) that freeplay at the throttle handle grip

That solved my irrigularity situation

Hope it will help

Jean

Offline Jarrett

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR/AT/NC700X
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 12:35:59 PM »
My 2016 VFR1200X is definitely more throttle sensitive than my 2016 Africa Twin, which I bought first.  At first, it seemed like an issue, but over time I've adjusted my hand to compensate for it. 

One thing I've noticed I do is slide the outside bone of my palm past the throttle to a fixed point on the grip.  That seems to immediately taking the jerkiness out for me.

The funny thing now is when I get on my Africa Twin, I feel like the the throttle is not responsive enough after being on the VFR :)

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 07:29:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by Drew66 [+]
Hi I have a 2017 model year dct and think the throttle is super sensitive, its either off or on with what appears to be no transition between both. Also when riding along and just maintaining speed it wants to either accelerate or decelerate. Has anyone do so noticed this and what could the issue be apart from the obvious rider factor. The bike is new and has only 240 miles on the clock so will be going back for its first service in a few weeks depending on the weather but would like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Many thanks

Drew, Its you, I have had 3 Crosstourers and they have all been the same, the throttle is very direct, you will get used to it  :169: