Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello  (Read 249 times)

Offline Baz

• Crosstourer Junior
Hello
« on: February 10, 2019, 06:01:30 PM »
Hi, not currently in the market for a new bike at present, but that may change later this year. After 14 years of ST1300 ownership I decided last year that I wanted a change so bought a 66 plate BMW 1200GSA. The bike is a dream to ride however the wind noise is horrendous. Having spent a fortune on screens last year and the same over winter, if don't find a cure soon I will sell it & try something else. The Crosstourer is a possibility, so if you don't mind Ill keep popping in to get up to learn a bit more about it. I don't want to test ride one yet as it might convince me.

Cheers Baz :821:

Offline Longdude

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Moor to Sea in Devon.
  • Bike: VFR Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Exeter
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 09:58:27 PM »
Evening Baz
I'm 6'5" and I have no problem with wind (noise). I have the Honda touring screen and a Chinese £35.00 flip up clipped on the top and it's  spot on for me. I had an MRA screen and that was hopeless for a fellow of my highness.
Tough decision to make though, good luck and  :400:
My name is Rob.

Offline andyrob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFRXDCT
  • City / Town: Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 01:20:35 AM »
I had the standard OE screen (2013) which was, with my Arai, over 40mph was unliveable noise wise. Honda touring screen and Shoei Neotec (flipped or not) cured the horrendous noise from screen turbulence.

6’2” , fat neck(hello years of riding nekkid) and keeping my weight *cough*, mass centralised maybe reduced any physical buffeting.

I’m afraid a test ride is the only answer. The dirty, snarlly engine and dct got me bad on the test ride, I was sold. As what seems to be a problem on all “adv” bikes is the aero. Numerous individual solutions, all cheap compared to getting a characterful engine and trick/slick gearbox.

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 07:19:31 AM »
 :400: and safe riding Baz  :305:
Bill

Offline Baz

• Crosstourer Junior