Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ***SOLD***Akropovic Titanium dual cone silencer. As New.  (Read 1091 times)

Offline nick marshall

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Shropshire
***SOLD***Akropovic Titanium dual cone silencer. As New.
« on: December 25, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »
SOLD. Latest type. Akropovic Titanium Silencer.  Fits all model Crosstourers.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 09:14:12 PM by nick marshall »

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
Re: Akropovic Titanium dual cone silencer. As New.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 12:37:12 PM »
Now that it is sold may I ask why you parted ways with it so quickly?  Was it perchance too loud?   :187:

Offline Jfro5867

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2018 model
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 01:09:54 PM »
Hi Nick,
I have been considering a slip on. I quite like the look of the original but it is very quiet. There's loads of makes and styles out there. As someone who has already been down this route was the difference really worth the £700 quid or whatever it was? Looks are subjective so I will leave that to one side, but did you find any noticable difference in performance in either a +ve or -ve way? The standard dyno/ torque curves generally show a very well sorted motor. Would appreciate your thoughts.
Kind regards jon

Offline Jfro5867

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2018 model
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 12:21:00 PM »
Thanks Nick, appreciate your honesty. I will leave it as it is then with the standard can. Another good reason is that i have just come off the phone with the (heating oil) company and its just cost me £720 to fill the oil tank up outside!! Chuffing hell. If its this expensive in summer time gawd knows what it will be by next winter 😬

Offline bloxham

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200 XDH
  • City / Town: North Oxon
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 08:45:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jfro5867 [+]
Thanks Nick, appreciate your honesty. I will leave it as it is then with the standard can. Another good reason is that i have just come off the phone with the (heating oil) company and its just cost me £720 to fill the oil tank up outside!! Chuffing hell. If its this expensive in summer time gawd knows what it will be by next winter 😬
Short story:
In 1988 I bought a house in a village without gas.  I knew of a bungalow a few miles away being demolished & for £100 I bought the oil boiler & oil tank (half full of oil).   Yes I had to pump it out into borrowed barrels to get it home but I was young fit & skint !
Anyway, just wanted to say,  heating oil in 1989 summer prices was 8p per litre !  Seems unbelievable at today's prices........ :009:
I bought a second 300 gallon tank so I'd never have to buy oil in the winter when the price doubled........
I

arab-exile