Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Akropovic Titanium dual cone silencer. As New.  (Read 829 times)

Online nick marshall

• Crosstourer Member
Akropovic Titanium dual cone silencer. As New.
« on: December 25, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »
Latest type. Akropovic Titanium Silencer.  Fits all model Crosstourers.

I prefer this type as it has a mount that fixed to the Silencer, no sliding carbon strap. Proportions and build quality are better.

Mint boxed with certificates. Cost £750. Accept £575. Good saving considering it’s only a month old, looks like new and only done about 150 miles.

Box is massive. So prefer collection. happy to fit on your bike while you wait.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 06:29:33 PM by nick marshall »

Online nick marshall

• Crosstourer Member
Re: Akropovic Titanium dual cone silencer. As New.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 07:01:09 PM »
Akropovic now sold. Thank you.

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: PacNW
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 12:37:12 PM »
Now that it is sold may I ask why you parted ways with it so quickly?  Was it perchance too loud?   :187:

Online nick marshall

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 01:07:13 PM »
I sold the silencer as I sold the bike.
However. Month later I had purchased another Crosstourer. Had I known what I was going to do. I would have kept the original bike with all the bling.

Now looking for my third Akro. But the cheapest I can find is £700 for the same version. Or £820 for the Honda type with the etched Akropovic instead of the sticker.

Liked the sound and the look. But not the price.

Offline Jfro5867

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2018 model
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 01:09:54 PM »
Hi Nick,
I have been considering a slip on. I quite like the look of the original but it is very quiet. There's loads of makes and styles out there. As someone who has already been down this route was the difference really worth the £700 quid or whatever it was? Looks are subjective so I will leave that to one side, but did you find any noticable difference in performance in either a +ve or -ve way? The standard dyno/ torque curves generally show a very well sorted motor. Would appreciate your thoughts.
Kind regards jon

Online nick marshall

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 09:51:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jfro5867 [+]
Hi Nick,
I have been considering a slip on. I quite like the look of the original but it is very quiet. There's loads of makes and styles out there. As someone who has already been down this route was the difference really worth the £700 quid or whatever it was? Looks are subjective so I will leave that to one side, but did you find any noticable difference in performance in either a +ve or -ve way? The standard dyno/ torque curves generally show a very well sorted motor. Would appreciate your thoughts.
Kind regards jon

It was worth it to me as I like expensive bling.
However, I would say there wasn’t any difference in performance. Or sound. Might even say the standard can sounds just as good.

If you want a stainless steel silencer for not much money.
I have a Hawk for sale in nice condition.

Came with my bike. But I want another new shape Akropovic.

Offline Jfro5867

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2018 model
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 12:21:00 PM »
Thanks Nick, appreciate your honesty. I will leave it as it is then with the standard can. Another good reason is that i have just come off the phone with the (heating oil) company and its just cost me £720 to fill the oil tank up outside!! Chuffing hell. If its this expensive in summer time gawd knows what it will be by next winter 😬

Online nick marshall

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 09:26:56 PM »
Found this info today on the 2018 bigger Akropovic.....

I really like the look of the bigger twin outlet akropovic. Wish they made it in black like they do for the BMW R1200GS and the KTM 1290.
Just ordered and fitted my third. Fancied the Honda version that has the makers name etched instead of a sticker. Can’t see any other differences. Apart from being £900!

Power
+ 4.5 bhp
@ 8,500 rpm
Weight
- 2.2 kg
v Original
Torque
+ 2.9nm
@ 8,500 rpm

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 05:03:01 PM by nick marshall »

arab-exile