2012 07 14 08 14 07

Views: 465
Posted by: iec
in: iec
IMG 0026

Views: 117
Posted by: Quicksy
in: Quicksy

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dynamoto stand?  (Read 718 times)

willb and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Grabcon

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Castle Rock, CO
Re: Dynamoto stand?
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 01:18:20 PM »
MZFLORIDA, So I ended up buying one of the Harbor Freight Low Profile Dollies on Sunday. With the 20% off coupon it was $71 and came in a box that fit in the back of the car. At the moment I have one arm in a sling due to some significant shoulder surgery, but I had the wife help to assemble it and it was fairly easy.

We put her bike up on the dolly (BMW F700GS) and it rolled right up, but we ended up putting a 3/4" block of wood under the sidestand as the BMW does lean a lot. So with one wing out of commission we navigated the bike on the dolly into its normal spot without having to move another bike which is typically what I do.

As mentioned in a different post having a wheel chock would be great, but I believe an opposing outrigger would be needed.

So for 71 bucks to be able to move one bike without have to move another I think is worth the money. It is well constructed but not fancy and is meant to store a bike and move it around. It is not meant to be a maintenance stand to work on the bike.

The smoother the floor the better it will roll. My garage has a couple of bad spots and took a bit more effort to move around. I have my eye on a second one used on Craigslist.
In The Barn
2016 VFR1200X - Mine, 2008 VFR800 ABS - The wife's bike, 1976 CB750F - For Sale, Brad

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 01:04:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Grabcon [+]
MZFLORIDA, So I ended up buying one of the Harbor Freight Low Profile Dollies on Sunday. With the 20% off coupon it was $71 and came in a box that fit in the back of the car. At the moment I have one arm in a sling due to some significant shoulder surgery, but I had the wife help to assemble it and it was fairly easy.

We put her bike up on the dolly (BMW F700GS) and it rolled right up, but we ended up putting a 3/4" block of wood under the sidestand as the BMW does lean a lot. So with one wing out of commission we navigated the bike on the dolly into its normal spot without having to move another bike which is typically what I do.

As mentioned in a different post having a wheel chock would be great, but I believe an opposing outrigger would be needed.

So for 71 bucks to be able to move one bike without have to move another I think is worth the money. It is well constructed but not fancy and is meant to store a bike and move it around. It is not meant to be a maintenance stand to work on the bike.

The smoother the floor the better it will roll. My garage has a couple of bad spots and took a bit more effort to move around. I have my eye on a second one used on Craigslist.

We have a harbor freight not too far from here.  I'll shoot over there and give it a look to see if it will work out.  I appreciate you taking the time to leave the review.  I am lucky with my garage floor.  It is smooth with an epoxy coating.  The epoxy needs to be redone, but generally very even and smooth.

Offline Grabcon

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Castle Rock, CO
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 01:18:12 PM »
Yep, no problem. Like any product it is not a perfect solution. But it does what it is designed to do.
In The Barn
2016 VFR1200X - Mine, 2008 VFR800 ABS - The wife's bike, 1976 CB750F - For Sale, Brad

arab-exile