Author Topic: Dynamoto stand?  (Read 4572 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    574
    • ****
    • Topic Author

    Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 574
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    Dynamoto stand?
    on: Nov 26, 2018, 11.23 am
    Nov 26, 2018, 11.23 am
    HAs anyone used one of these?  Seems like a great product.  Does anyone know of any less expensive alternatives that work well? 

    https://www.dynamotousa.com/products/honda-front-and-rear-stand-set


  • Offline themediaengine

    • Crosstourer Member  ‐    54
    • **
      #1

    Offline themediaengine

    • Crosstourer Member
    • **
    • Posts: 54
    • Bike: VFR1200XD-E
    • City / Town: London
    Re: Dynamoto stand?
    Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2018, 12.43 pm
    Nov 26, 2018, 12.43 pm
    I have to get my CT down a 4 foot wide passage and turn it 90 deg into the lockup. The bike is too big and the door is not wide enough so I use a 4 wheel dolly that I put under the back wheel. Up on the centre stand and slide it under or just roll it on. It has a chock to locate it on the tyre and the parking brake keeps the wheel from rotating. This lets me swivel the back round to follow the front. Not as elegant but dollies are much cheaper. Whatever you use to slide the bike around on, please be aware of how heavy and tall these beasts are!

  • Offline Grabcon

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    181
    • ***
      #2

    Offline Grabcon

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 181
    • Bike: VFR1200X
    • City / Town: Castle Rock, CO
    Re: Dynamoto stand?
    Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2018, 12.47 pm
    Nov 26, 2018, 12.47 pm
    If you just want something to move it around you might consider one of these. I have a HF lift and for the money it is a great tool to have.

    https://www.harborfreight.com/low-profile-motorcycle-dolly-95896.html

    In The Barn
    2016 VFR1200X - Mine, 2016 BMW F700GS - The wife's bike, Brad

  • Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    574
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #3

    Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 574
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    Re: Dynamoto stand?
    Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2018, 09.36 pm
    Nov 26, 2018, 09.36 pm
    *Originally Posted by themediaengine [+]
    I have to get my CT down a 4 foot wide passage and turn it 90 deg into the lockup. The bike is too big and the door is not wide enough so I use a 4 wheel dolly that I put under the back wheel. Up on the centre stand and slide it under or just roll it on. It has a chock to locate it on the tyre and the parking brake keeps the wheel from rotating. This lets me swivel the back round to follow the front. Not as elegant but dollies are much cheaper. Whatever you use to slide the bike around on, please be aware of how heavy and tall these beasts are!

    Thank you!  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  I also appreciate the advice on the weight of the bike.  I am embarrassed to admit that I have laid the bike down, Gently, once already.  I was coming home from the gym on the local Boulevard.  Very tame.  I was wearing sweatpants which required adjusting.   COming off a middleweight bike, I was certain that I had enough pressure on the right handlebar as I lifted my left leg.  Not so much.  It did go down slowly and gently.  Engine guard did its job.  But, lesson learned.  that will not happen again!     

  • Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    574
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 574
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    Re: Dynamoto stand?
    Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2018, 09.40 pm
    Nov 26, 2018, 09.40 pm
    *Originally Posted by Grabcon [+]
    If you just want something to move it around you might consider one of these. I have a HF lift and for the money it is a great tool to have.

    https://www.harborfreight.com/low-profile-motorcycle-dolly-95896.html

    That might work!  I have a three car garage that is tidy but has two cars and three motorcycles inside.  I am looking for a solution to store three motorcycles close to one another.  But my wife rides so she is going to have to be able to move the machines.  I do like how upright the dynamoto seems to keep the machine, but this is far less expensive which is important with two in college.   Thank you so much for giving me another option!

  • Offline GA VFR   us

    • Crosstourer Pro  ‐    142
    • ***
      #5

    Offline GA VFR

    • Crosstourer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 142
    • Country: us
    • Bike: too many
    • City / Town: Alpharetta, GA
    Re: Dynamoto stand?
    Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02.10 am
    Nov 27, 2018, 02.10 am
    My 94' CB 1000 and 14' F6C Valkyrie utilize these- https://www.baxleycompanies.com

    The VFR 12X sits on its center stand, so three bikes in the garage and her car
    Follow your front wheel

  • Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    574
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #6

    Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 574
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    Re: Dynamoto stand?
    Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2018, 12.42 pm
    Nov 27, 2018, 12.42 pm
    *Originally Posted by GA VFR [+]
    My 94' CB 1000 and 14' F6C Valkyrie utilize these- https://www.baxleycompanies.com

    The VFR 12X sits on its center stand, so three bikes in the garage and her car

    Thank you.  That looks like a very well made product.  I wish they had one that was on the multi-directional casters. Thanks a million for responding!

  • Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    574
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #7

    Offline mzflorida

    • Crosstourer Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 574
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    Re: Dynamoto stand?
    Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2018, 03.47 am
    Nov 28, 2018, 03.47 am
    So I am thinking that there might be another solution.  It turns out that the stand uses wheels/casters produced by a third party, Rotacaster.  The omnidirectional wheels/casters, I presume could be fitted to a less expensive set of stands, safely.  Still not cheap but it solves the problem of cost and adds the solution of "stacking" bikes in a way that the Mrs. can move easily.  Sold on Amazon

     



    arab-exile