IMG 1199

Views: 184
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob
C My Red Tourer (6)

Views: 229
Posted by: iec
in: iec

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crosstourer at NEC Motorcycle Live.  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
Re: Crosstourer at NEC Motorcycle Live.
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 05:08:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by oskar [+]
If, as it seems, Honda stops making the crosstourer, I think it is not a good decision. The Africa Twin in which Honda has set all its hopes of the trail-adventure sector does not have the qualities to travel on the road with two riders like the Crosstourer, it lacks weight, engine, protection, etc.

From my point of view, the AT is a mixed motorcycle, street and offroad, however, the Crosstourer allows you to comfortably travel two people on good or bad roads without problems, but not doing offroad is very heavy. Sometimes we want everything, but there are incompatible desires.

Finally, I would ask a question to Honda, if it does not manufacture the Crosstourer what option gives me to travel two riders comfortably on the road and at a reasonable price, a Goldwing (very expensive), a Crossrunner (small), Africa Twin (it looks like the CT but it does not get it), NC 750 and XADV (for a single rider). Unfortunately, we are few riders who ask that according to the calculations of Honda, it's a pity!
:0461: and I have an AT ( only because of chronic back problems and I can no longer do long journeys).
Bill

Offline BadgerDBad

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT Highlander
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 05:50:04 PM »
Honda had the same attitude when they discontinued the Blackbird, there were thousands of owners all over the world eagerly anticipating the next "bird........and........nothing. (The VFR1200f is another matter  :164:) Its a rubbish attitude, theres nothing in the current Honda lineup that would tempt me. Idiots.

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 07:00:38 PM »
I'm fed up of waiting for Honda to update the Crosstourer, I'm not waiting anymore. I'm buying the Kawasaki H2 SX SE in March next year. I won't look back. I have enjoyed my Crosstourer which I purchased from new in 2012. If Honda don't care about their customers then why should I. I think the bike should of been updated a couple of years ago. I feel very disappointed and frustrated. If you feel the same as I do, take a look at the updates that Kawasaki have given the Versys for next year. Honda should be embarrassed that they are becoming irrelevant.

Offline navigator1946

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Lovin' my 2015 CT Highlander DCT.
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Hornsea, E.Yorks
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 09:31:36 PM »
I share Hartley's comments.  I couldn't put it better.  I love my CT - it's like a big sister to my much loved Deauville and the DCT box and shaft drive are just wonderful.  It's so disappointing that Honda seem almost disinterested in what is an awesome bike.  Perhaps previously overpriced and maybe under-specced (thinking cruise control particularly for our American friends) but it is a great tourer which has simply not been promoted by Honda UK.  BUT it makes a brilliant secondhand buy.  I'm looking forward to chatting to the Honda staff tomorrow at the show.  I just hope I'll not be too disappointed in the conversation.
Just love my Honda

Offline Tc

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT,GSA,K1600gtl
  • City / Town: Oswestry Wales
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 10:51:52 PM »
Was hoping Honda would upgrade or show some interest in a product that would have cost a few million with the F as well, but they seem content to leave it to wither away which is a shame as it's a good Blake with a superb engine.

Went to the show on Monday on the CT and it's the last ride on it as it goes next Tuesday against a BMW 1250 gs.

I loved the individuality of the CT it's reliability ect but Honda can't be bothered to do anything with it and if it's 14k for a new one I get a bit more on the BM for the same money.

I've had the bike for 30 months and done 11k and if Honda had shown a bit more interest in the product so might I.

Honda over the last few years have lost the plot it stated when old man Honda went to the racetrack in the sky. So many good bikes just left to disappear and then we have the obsession with small fuel tanks the VFR1200f being the first though they did made it larger and as one of my mates in the RAF at the time who was on Tristars said
" that's 9 seconds of fuel on one engine".
Also there are lots of complaints on the range of the new gold wing it's worse than the old one. Honda made it lighter and reduced the fuel tank because of better consumption instead of leaving the tank size and getting a better range.

There's a V5 engine coming out next year, perhaps that may power a new generation of adventure bike,"I won't hold my breath.

There will be a few bits I'll be taking of the CT I'll list them when I do.

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2018, 07:41:15 AM »
There are a few things that are blatently obvious in this thread.

So many of us rate the CT and are longing for Honda to do it justice. Daves suggestion of a poll would make very interesting reading.

Sadly, as i read this thread theres some thing even more apparent.

The Blackbird, this bike was a massive success, many owners believe this was possibly the best bike Honda ever produced, Honda dropped it never replaced it, the VFR1200 didnt come close.

The Goldwing, like or loath them, this is now an iconic bike, we all know what it stands for, we know what its all about. Big, luxurious, all the bells and whistles. Honda replace it with a smaller bike with less room, less luxury. There an owner on Youtube whos had several, to say he's dissapointed with the latest one is an understatement.

The Pan, another bike highly rated by its owners. Oh hang on a second, they did update that didnt they, but they stuck a Goldwing badge on it and another £10000. ( What is now the Goldwing should have been the Pan replacement.)

The Africa Twin has been a success for Honda no doubt but 3/4 years in, 3 updates i think, still no cruise, active suspension sales will start to slide if they havent already.

The thing that is screaming out from this thread is Hondas refusal to listen to the market, to its owners.

Back to the CT. The GS is the bench mark, we all know that, launch a bike in to this sector and thats the one you want to steal sales from. Well any sector actually, its the best selling large capacity bike in the world.

A few years back, a relativley small manufacturer decided to do that.
Triumph went for the GS head on and for a short time outsold the GS, they were better priced with more kit and i think the best looking bike in this class.

Unfortunatly they were not quite there with build and reliabilty and that cost them repeat sales but theyve kept going and this bike has done them no harm at all.

Just think what could have been if theyd had the reliabilty aswell from the very start. I wonder what would happen if a company that has the quality issue sussed made a real effort to take on the GS.

Bet we never find out because the people at the top of such a company probably dont even know what a GS is.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:45:08 AM by Hartley »

Online VfuRry

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XDH
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2018, 09:21:41 AM »
In 2017, I very nearly changed my VFR1200F for a KTM1290SA, but in the end went for another Honda.  I don't regret it (because, as we know, it's a great bike in many ways), and have committed to and invested in the CT with suspension, seat, etc. etc., with the intention of keeping it for a long time.  The CT is my fourth Honda in a row. Before that I had a Kawasaki, before that yet another Honda.

Like many CT owners, I've toyed with the idea of having an AT (particularly after using one off-road for 2 days), however it doesn't really hit the spot for me as a tourer.  And for off-road, if I wanted to do that, I'd probably go for something lighter and a bit less compromised yet still quite all-round capable than the AT, maybe the new KTM 790 Adventure, as a second bike.

I won't be buying another CT like the one I've got, and if Honda doesn't come up with anything else in the next few years, there won't be anything by Honda that I'd buy.  I'll be buying another make, possibly even a BMW, possibly a Triumph (I was quite impressed by the Tiger, when I had a test ride earlier this year).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:26:13 AM by VfuRry »

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2018, 10:53:57 AM »
I think we all agree that the CT is an excellent motorcycle despite is lack of updates and refinements. The lack of such updates and refinements irritates many and indeed may initiate a desire and will to change to another manufacturer. Why we ask do they not update the CT with all the 'bells whistles' of other manufacturers or produce a new similar model. I believe the answer to this can be found in the corporate business of Honda. This corporation manufactures cars, motorcycles, powered machinery etc and even aircraft engine development. The figures for 2016 show that 12.5% of their profits were from the motorcycle industry. Their total profits for all their products in Europe was about 4.5%. The majority of that figure would have been realised from the car manufacturing side (about 75% of their global product's profit also came from car sales). You can deduce from these figures that after deducting car profits from the European figure that about 1.5% profit comes from other manufacturing products including motorcycles. Add to this Honda's desire to increase their profit margin in China and India one can realise the reason behind the total lack of commitment to the CT. It seems sadly that the 'Power of Dreams' does not apply to our desire for a rejuvenation of the CT or indeed a new similar model. Other manufactures such as Triumph depend a lot more on motorcycles for their profit and their necessity to constantly introduce new models and continually update their current products is paramount.   
Bill