IMG 20140802 152225

Views: 1109
Posted by: under007
in: under007
Old steed - ST1300

Views: 598
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT  (Read 1126 times)

Online DaveinNC

• Crosstourer Member
  • Riding since 1968
  • Bike: 2017 VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Matthews NC
Re: 2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 07:11:53 PM »
I don't like electronic gadgets that I never use, so why pay for them? I just got rid of a Goldwing I got talked into buying. I couldn't stand it. There were so many buttons, switches, and lights in the cockpit I felt like I was back in a UH-1N. If you like all that stuff there are many choices, but if you don't choices are getting slim. My VFRX is perfect for "me" as it provides a throttle, clutch and plenty of power in an upright riding position with zero cockpit distractions. The versys is a nice bike, but I would never pay a premium of 17k for it. I only paid 12 OTD for my 2017VFRX. If the VFRX had all those gadgets I would not have purchased it, unless they were free.   
"Dave"

If You're Gonna Be Stupid, You Better Be Hard, because stupid hurts!

Offline STLVFR1200X

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X
  • City / Town: St. Louis, MO
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 10:33:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by DaveinNC [+]
I don't like electronic gadgets that I never use, so why pay for them? I just got rid of a Goldwing I got talked into buying. I couldn't stand it. There were so many buttons, switches, and lights in the cockpit I felt like I was back in a UH-1N. If you like all that stuff there are many choices, but if you don't choices are getting slim. My VFRX is perfect for "me" as it provides a throttle, clutch and plenty of power in an upright riding position with zero cockpit distractions. The versys is a nice bike, but I would never pay a premium of 17k for it. I only paid 12 OTD for my 2017VFRX. If the VFRX had all those gadgets I would not have purchased it, unless they were free.

What you've said makes sense, Dave.  My repeated issue is Honda asking $16K+ for the VFR-X.  At that price point, and this being Honda's flagship adventure tourer, a feature like cruise control (a gadget you'd surely enjoy at some point) not being on this bike standard is ridiculous. 

I, like you, paid 12K OTD for the VFRX (a 16) that I owned.  We bought these at that price because it's more inline with what the X is really worth brand new...and it is a lot of motorcycle for that price.  Sadly, I'm seeing them advertised locally down to 10K.

You've flown a Huey?  Very impressive.
VFR SOLD
-Givi Outback 58L Top Case & 37L Sides
-Givi Handguard Extenders
-Top Sellerie Gel Seat
-G2 Throttle Tamer, Cardo Scala FREECOM4 Com + Garmin 50LMT-HD

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 06:20:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by DaveinNC [+]
:0461: DaveinNC. Those comments are credible from your experience.
Bill

Online DaveinNC

• Crosstourer Member
  • Riding since 1968
  • Bike: 2017 VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Matthews NC
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
I would have never paid 16,900 for the VFRX either, but for 12,000 OTD it was a really good deal. Again, this is all about what you want personally as a rider. I plan on buying a Kawi H2 eventually just to have one and take out for Sunday rides. I have owned several and loved every one. Unfortunately what I have seen over my decades of riding is more and more technology at a much higher cost doesn't necessarily translate into a better riding experience. The Versys is a nice bike, both the 650 and 1000. I don't see it selling for 16,900 though. I suspect with the new accessories they added to this model you will see them selling in the 12,000 area. You can get a leftover Versys 1000 new locally still in the crate for 9,000. Personally, I just could never get past the buzzy motor on a daily driver. I had cruise control on my Ultra and my Goldwing, I never ever turned it on and I sold my ultra with 180,000 miles on it, all mine. I didn't own the Goldwing long enough to find the switch.   
"Dave"

If You're Gonna Be Stupid, You Better Be Hard, because stupid hurts!

arab-exile