Buccaneer

Views: 248
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc
PR3T Rear

Views: 522
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT  (Read 865 times)

Slidy and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Superjeap

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Why not
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
Re: 2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 07:26:08 PM »
Improved Kawa:
ride-by-wire - CT already has
ECU-controlled butterfly valves deliver “smooth, natural engine response - CT already has ~sort of~
Additionally, the switch to R-b-W means that Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS) has made its way into the parts manifest - CT already has giving smooth, clutchless up- and down-shifts. - CT DCT already has and better!

Kawasaki Electronically Controlled Suspension (KECS) technology - could be a point
Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System - could be a point
Rider ergonomics were also updated - dont need that on my CT with custom seat
TFT instrumentation - who cares
smartphone connectivity - insane, I dont need that!

So if your bike is good enough for you you dont need all the extra stuff.
All those electronic settings looks nice in the brochure, you adjust them once of twice until you found the best setting and will almost never change that. After all you will always pay for the gadgets, they will save it on other items on the bike.
<-- Check!

Honda VFR1200XD - XR400R - the Dutch gather Here

Offline STLVFR1200X

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X
  • City / Town: St. Louis, MO
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 09:54:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by DaveinNC [+]
I rode a Versys for 2 days last year, it put my hands and feet to sleep. As long as the motor vibrates like an old buzzsaw its not even in the same class as the CT. My snatchy throttle was cured with a proper adjustment on the cable slack and a set of grip puppies, as well as some break-in miles. It's smooth as glass now. I'm just not a Versys fan, you couldn't give me one.

I love the X's engine, I wouldn't pick it over the Versys mill either.  I did research the Versys 1000 before I bought the X and I didn't see a lot of complaints about engine buzz, but that is a shame if it plagues them all.  I did read about awful bar vibration in the BMW S1000XR.  BMW eventually updated the design of the stock bar risers in newer models.

Concerning throttle, I bought a G2 throttle tamer.  I made cable adjustments too...eventually at both ends.  The only thing that really helped smooth it out was cold weather!  No joke, riding in the 50's was some of the smoothest, most enjoyable time I spent on the bike.  Because of this, I strongly considered the booster plug, since it's goal is to trick the ECU into thinking the air temp is lower than it is, and richening up the mixture.  In the end, I gave it 4,000 miles, then had to move on to other toys.

VFR SOLD
-Givi Outback 58L Top Case & 37L Sides
-Givi Handguard Extenders
-Top Sellerie Gel Seat
-G2 Throttle Tamer, Cardo Scala FREECOM4 Com + Garmin 50LMT-HD

Offline STLVFR1200X

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 10:16:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Superjeap [+]
Improved Kawa:
ECU-controlled butterfly valves deliver “smooth, natural engine response - CT already has ~sort of~
Additionally, the switch to R-b-W means that Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS) has made its way into the parts manifest - CT already has giving smooth, clutchless up- and down-shifts. - CT DCT already has and better!

Kawasaki Electronically Controlled Suspension (KECS) technology - could be a point
Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System - could be a point
Rider ergonomics were also updated - dont need that on my CT with custom seat
TFT instrumentation - who cares
smartphone connectivity - insane, I dont need that!

So if your bike is good enough for you you dont need all the extra stuff.
All those electronic settings looks nice in the brochure, you adjust them once of twice until you found the best setting and will almost never change that. After all you will always pay for the gadgets, they will save it on other items on the bike.

As you're pointing out, the X/CT has a modern foundation, so why not update it further to actually be inline, or even ahead,  feature wise with the segment?  If you don't do this, the bikes sit around in dealerships and get discontinued (happening in the US now!)  If your objection is price, it's already 16K, much of this should be standard already!  And sure, the X has RBW, yet they decided to use a cable with it anyway.  I've read the reasoning, it's still ridiculous, and awful with EURO4.  I'd add electronic ride modes to your "could be a point" list for this fact alone.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:20:58 PM by STLVFR1200X »
VFR SOLD
-Top Sellerie Gel Seat

Offline STLVFR1200X

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 11:23:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by STLVFR1200X [+]
I love the X's engine, I wouldn't pick it over the Versys mill either.

To clarify, I WOULD pick the X's engine over the Versys mill.  Ran out of time to edit.
VFR SOLD
-Top Sellerie Gel Seat

Offline 4walls

• Crosstourer Member
  • IBA #61020
  • Bike: VFR1200XA
  • City / Town: SoCal (Dec-Apr)
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2018, 03:43:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by Superjeap [+]
Improved Kawa:
Additionally, the switch to R-b-W means that Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS) has made its way into the parts manifest - CT already has giving smooth, clutchless up- and down-shifts.

CT already has Quick shifter?

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2018, 08:13:52 AM »
I must confess, I'm happy with my DCT CT as it is, I see the relatively simple tech as an advantage, admittedly, I've upgraded the suspension and a few other bits & pieces. Wont stop me trying other bikes, just had a trip to Spain on a KTM1290GT, which I sold after I got back, didn't really get on with it, and I've just replaced that with a 2017 R1200GS, but I still have the CT and dont have any plans to sell it, admittedly that decision is partly influenced by a low resale vale that makes me think that its really too good to sell for £7K. But I'm sure it will be the GS that will move on first. :002:

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 08:16:14 AM »
CT already has Quick shifter?

No it doesnt , i think he may mean it has DCT, option of foot lever on DCT too.

Offline 4walls

• Crosstourer Member
  • IBA #61020
  • Bike: VFR1200XA
  • City / Town: SoCal (Dec-Apr)
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2018, 08:31:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Hartley [+]

No it doesnt , i think he may mean it has DCT, option of foot lever on DCT too.
OK, i can see that... Didn't think mine had a quickshifter.

arab-exile