Author Topic: Hi from rabm  (Read 2357 times)

• Offline RABM

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    8
    • Topic Author

Offline RABM

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: CT1200x
    • City / Town: East Kilbride
    Hi from rabm
    on: Oct 31, 2018, 11.35 am
    Oct 31, 2018, 11.35 am
    Just joined and I’ve bought a Crosstourer i do a few miles and trips, recently been to Nordkap and on to Saint Petersbough and Moscow. Toured a bit in Morocco 2016 and a few euro trips , I’m 64 live in Glasgow Scotland  :046:

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Re: Hi from rabm
    Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2018, 12.50 pm
    Oct 31, 2018, 12.50 pm
     :400: RABM and safe riding  :305:
    Bill

• Offline RABM

• Topic Author

Offline RABM

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2018, 12.56 pm
    Oct 31, 2018, 12.56 pm
    Thanks Yasko,
    Looks like a good forum and the bike is a belter.  :001:

• Offline Dave56   gb

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1794

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1100 DCT
    • City / Town: Grantham
    Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2018, 03.41 pm
    Oct 31, 2018, 03.41 pm
    Hi there RABM and  :400: along to the colleCTive.  :028:
    Would love to read a ride report on you Nordkap to Moscow trip, sounds fascinating.  :028:
    "The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

• Offline Viffer18

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    118

Offline Viffer18

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: CT Highlander-T
    • City / Town: Nr Colchester
    Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2018, 05.28 pm
    Oct 31, 2018, 05.28 pm
    Welcome RABM,

I'll second hearing more about Nordkap & Moscow (& what machine you used,why you changed to a CT) any further planned trips (nosey ain't I)

• Offline Hartley   england

• Crosstourer God  ‐    3074

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2018, 09.18 pm
    Oct 31, 2018, 09.18 pm
     :400: RABM

That’s proper touring, fair play.

• Offline RABM

• Topic Author

Offline RABM

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2018, 03.47 pm
    Nov 01, 2018, 03.47 pm
    Thank you for the replies, i was invited to join the European side of the Nick Sanders Mongolian trip, riding my Suzuki GSXS 1000. It was agreed that i would leave the trip at Moscow while the other guys went on to Ulan Bator!
    We left Glasgow and met friends at the Ace Cafe and moved on in the morning (euro tunnel) to meet the rest of the tour in Calais and of we went for Copenhagen , we had a hotel near the “great bridge” 18 euro to cross! And had a visit in the great city where probably the best lager etc. Onwards to Gothenburg, Trondheim then back into Sweden for the better weather and roads to die for, well, not literally. We had great runs and long days some 680 mile days and a few short days only 400 miles. Eventually crossing into Findland and then back into Norway having entered the Arctic circle. Nordcap was really special at that time of the year (June 2018) daylight 24 -7 it is really strange seeing a blue sky and sun at 01.30 am . The Nordcap visitor centre is well worth a visit and really interesting to be as far north by road in the world. Its even higher than Alaska! After our stay in the local youth hostel (best breakfast and clean rooms and facilities) we left the next day and set of for Saint Petersburg via Finland. The roads in Finland and the scenery are worth the mileage just to be there. All of Scandinavia is more expensive than Europe but i will go again, the place is that special. The Russian border formalities take some time so be patient have your paperwork in order or you don’t get in. Russian roads were a bit different from the border to Saint Petersburg, a bit rough like a ploughed field with tarmac on top. They get better the closer to the city. What a beautiful place, plenty sites to see and vodka to sample. Leaving there we headed for Moscow, 8 lanes wide in the city and fabulous! I want to go back. I changed to a Crosstourer after a poor purchase of a Moto Guzzi California, a porous crankcase and 3 months wait with no communication from them, full refund and fell for the Crosstourer after seeing it in the dealer, i did try a Tiger 1200 because one of the lads on the trip had one and it looked and went amazing. However, I preferred the honda with dct and hopefully its a keeper!
    I hope thats not to long a story, my moto is do it before your too old :152: i forgot to mention 7500miles in 2 weeks, 2500 of those on my own from Moscow to Glasgow via North Sea ferry’s i made a mistake of entering Belarus without the correct paperwork, be warned, never do that. But thats another story.

Last Edit: Nov 01, 2018, 03.53 pm by RABM

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2018, 05.42 pm
    Nov 01, 2018, 05.42 pm
    Great report RABM and fantastic trip and so right when you say, 'do it before you are to old'. Two hours on the bike and my body has had enough. Enjoy your CT and ride safe  :305:
    Bill

arab-exile