Author New bike day tomorrow  (Read 1340 times)

• Offline Sandan

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    61
    • Topic Author

Offline Sandan

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    New bike day tomorrow
    on: Sep 21, 2018, 10.44 pm
    Sep 21, 2018, 10.44 pm
    Well I have been an avid pan man and loved my VFR1200F and tomorrow I think I will be getting an inbetweener.  Pished off though, phone call today to say bits where missing for fitting the dresser bar, it was pdi’d yesterday, they have had the bike in for weeks.  So that won't be getting fitted until first service.  Oh well not the end of the world.

Will post some photos. Garage space awaits.

• Offline Hartley   england

• Crosstourer God  ‐    3078

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Re: New bike day tomorrow
    Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2018, 11.19 pm
    Sep 21, 2018, 11.19 pm
    Pished off though, phone call today to say bits where missing for fitting the dresser bar, it was pdi’d yesterday, they have had the bike in for weeks.  So that won't be getting fitted until first service.

This happens a lot.

Enjoy your new bike day.

• Offline Sandan

• Topic Author

Offline Sandan

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2018, 11.23 pm
    Sep 21, 2018, 11.23 pm
    Thanks sir.

• Offline Sandan

• Topic Author

Offline Sandan

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2018, 07.50 am
    Sep 22, 2018, 07.50 am
    Well the day begins and i am on a train to Edinburgh, a wee bus trip after that through the lovely city to the dealers.  Excited to be getting back on that vfr1200 plant.  I loved the grunt of my 1200F and I loved the shaft drive, I often would sit after a ride and only remind myself then it had a shaft.   

DCT this time and an X but the reduced horsepower can only mean even more grunt and the 1200F was not short of that and more comfort.  My old 1200F, I had the opportunity to buy it back last year and hesitated and missed a great chance, I will always regret that.

• Offline Sandan

• Topic Author

Offline Sandan

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2018, 07.56 am
    Sep 22, 2018, 07.56 am
    8 years ago I owned both these, I kept the pan 4 years and the vfr for 3 years.  Circumstances unfortunately meant they went to new homes, I had my greatest 500 miles on the VFR and truly could have repeated the excercise.  The Pan was a phenomenal bike too but just a little bit bulky.  Now I think I have landed the perfect cross between the two. 

• Offline Sandan

• Topic Author

Offline Sandan

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2018, 08.22 pm
    Sep 22, 2018, 08.22 pm
    Well got my CT, excellent as expected and boy great to back on the 1200 plant.  My only gripe is the heated grips, I have had them on my gen 8 vfr and AT lately and with just thin gloves setting 5 would get too hot on those bikes.  On the CT even bare handed the grips are like a Luke warm hot water bottle, useless.  Are they as bad as that, I woruld have thought they should be no worse than the other sets.

Still the only negative, the dct in drive was far better than I expected and dare I say much better than the AT DCT.  What a motor but I knew that and for me the shaft drive is a work of magic. 

Magic!!!!

• Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    351

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR1200X Black
    • City / Town: Manchester
    Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2018, 09.30 pm
    Sep 22, 2018, 09.30 pm
    Welcome aboard Sanjan, I'm sure youre gonna love it. I opted for the OXFORD ADVENTURE heated grips and very happy with their performance. A lot better and cheaper than the OEM Honda ones from all reports. Enjoy and safe riding up there :)

arab-exile