Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 1310 times)

• Offline Markie62

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    25
    • Topic Author

Offline Markie62

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2013 VFR1200X
    • City / Town: Milton Keynes
    Hello Everyone
    on: Sep 12, 2018, 09.16 pm
    Sep 12, 2018, 09.16 pm
     :158:  Hello everyone, my name is Mark, otherwise known as Markie62 I live in Milton Keynes, UK and have just bought a 4 year old Crosstourer called Nora  :008:  I have been a biker on an off for the past 40 years and have been into adventure bikes for the past 15 years owning a couple of GS’s, a Triumph Explorer....but for the last three years I have been riding a Pan European, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but missed the excitement of standing up on the pegs and negotiating narrow lanes and resting my bum during long journeys!

I have a big trip to Norway planned next year, which will involve some gravel tracks, so needed something capable of handling all kinds of terrain.  Has anyone here had experience of Tourance tyres on the Crosstourer?  They were great on the GS, so am expecting they will be good on the Honda too.

Also, I do find the throttle very sensitive at low speed (30mph) where going over a bump almost gives me whiplash as I accidentally blip the throttle, so I would be interested to hear if anyone here has experienced the same and what was done to remedy the problem.

Apart from this, I am really enjoying riding this lively beast.  Why is it called Nora? Well, when I test rode the bike, the first thing I said when I returned it to the bike shop was “bloody Nora” ....which just so happens to rhyme with Honda Crosstourer!  :008:

Cheers all.  :031:
    Last Edit: Sep 12, 2018, 09.19 pm by Markie62

• Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    574

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
    • City / Town: Estero
    Re: Hello Everyone
    Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2018, 03.43 am
    Sep 13, 2018, 03.43 am
    Hi Mark.  I did notice the same throttle issue during my test rides.  My bike is being delivered soon.  I'll report back once I have a few hundred miles under my belt.  In any case, welcome to the forum.  It sounds like you have an awesome trip planned in the near future.  I am a little envious, I'll have to admit.  Love to see the trip photos and ride report.  I have no experience with those tires, unfortunately.  Not much of a help beyond the welcome message I guess. 

• Offline Markie62

• Topic Author

Offline Markie62

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2018, 05.48 am
    Sep 13, 2018, 05.48 am
    Thanks.  I'll be sure to do that.  It'll be my first big trip.  I attempted the Swiss and Austrian Alps a couple of years back which ended in disaster due to snow and ice forecast, so we took the difficult decision to abort the trip.  My trip to Norway is in August, so don't expect a similar issue....fingers crossed !

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2018, 06.44 am
    Sep 13, 2018, 06.44 am
     :400: Mark and safe riding  :305:  Private or dealer purchase? if former perhaps an ECU check with regard to throttle.
    Bill

• Offline jclaudej

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    21

Offline jclaudej

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: VFR1200X 2018
    • City / Town: Royan
    Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2018, 09.16 am
    Sep 13, 2018, 09.16 am
     :400:

As you I am newbies with this bike and normally it will be delivery the next week.
    But as you I rode with ST1300 and I would like your comparison with this bike especially about the comfort for you and your pillion  :002:

2 years ago we should have to go in Norway but some health problem had stop this project. I hope that you will share this trip with us

Best regards

Jean-Claude

• Offline Markie62

• Topic Author

Offline Markie62

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2018, 06.02 pm
    Sep 13, 2018, 06.02 pm
    Hi Jean-Claude, thanks for your reply.  I would say that the CT is more comfortable than the ST1300.  I think it has something to do with the leg angle which is not as acute on the CT.   Not sure about pillion comfort as my wife is not keen on coming on the back  :046:  Don't worry, I will post pictures of my Nowegian adventure.

• Offline Markie62

• Topic Author

Offline Markie62

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2018, 06.06 pm
    Sep 13, 2018, 06.06 pm
    *Originally Posted by Yasko [+]
    :400: Mark and safe riding  :305:  Private or dealer purchase? if former perhaps an ECU check with regard to throttle.

Hi, I bought from a Kawasaki dealer, so I might take it along to my local Honda dealer.  Thanks for the suggestion.  :152: