20150908 182010

Views: 371
Posted by: Farway
in: Farway
RAF Laarbruch HAS 1

Views: 243
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: introduction  (Read 1049 times)

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
Re: introduction
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 01:38:46 AM »
Whew...actually works out for the best.  My bike has been returned to the dealer...I'm without a bike right now.  Know anyone selling a low mileage 2016 2017 VFR1200X DCT? 

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Member
Found My Bike!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 08:28:58 PM »
Finally found the bike and bought it today.  It is up in Wisconsin and will be here in a little bit!  Super excited. Needs a new seat as the previous owner trimmed the foam.  Any suggestions are welcome.  If anyone in the USA is selling a seat I'd be interested in hearing from you. 

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 08:31:19 PM »
Sorry, One more thing.  The case has a little scuff on it.  Does anyone have any experience in refinishing the cases?  I am somewhat proficient with prep, prime, and spraying. 

Offline Viffer18

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT Highlander-T
  • City / Town: Nr Colchester
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 08:57:03 PM »
Congratulations on finally getting a CT.

If you can't live with the seat perhaps just buy a mobility cushion then cut the foam to suit you (cheaper than a seat for now)

As for the case scuff, depending on the depth (I can't enlarge the photo enough) T cut, or the polish autoglym sell to refresh headlamps.

Personally a few battle scars dont worry me as I'm terrible for clonking the cases with my boots or scratching the colour coded ones in the lock up when stored.

Happy riding

Offline Viffer18

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT Highlander-T
  • City / Town: Nr Colchester
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 09:02:20 PM »
and just viewed the case on the big pooter. that won't buff out  :430: but you'd make a living out of it if you managed to

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2018, 03:08:28 AM »
Thanks, Viffer.  I agree that it looks like it's going to need a bit of filler. Do you, or others, know the paint code for the panniers, or where they can be found I guess is a more accurate question.

Offline mzflorida

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 03:40:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Viffer18 [+]
Congratulations on finally getting a CT.

If you can't live with the seat perhaps just buy a mobility cushion then cut the foam to suit you (cheaper than a seat for now)

As for the case scuff, depending on the depth (I can't enlarge the photo enough) T cut, or the polish autoglym sell to refresh headlamps.

Personally a few battle scars dont worry me as I'm terrible for clonking the cases with my boots or scratching the colour coded ones in the lock up when stored.

Happy riding

I've found a new OEM seat.  300 bucks shipped.  Seems pretty reasonable. Again, I am open to suggestions or advice. 

Offline Sandan

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2018, 08:25:11 PM »
 :400: from Scotland