IMG 1030

Views: 157
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob
Brocon4

Views: 324
Posted by: Austria1
in: Austria1

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Headlights/ sidelights  (Read 463 times)

Offline Jumper

• Crosstourer Member
  • One day I'll grow up!
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Southampton
Headlights/ sidelights
« on: September 01, 2018, 04:04:06 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals, quick question....has anyone on here managed to fit headlamp/sidelamp bulbs that are the same white colour as the OEM highlander driving lights....... just having a spell of OCD!

Thanks
Regards, Dave

Offline Blackbirdx5

• Crosstourer Junior
  • City / Town: Sheffield
Re: Headlights/ sidelights
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 01:45:03 PM »
Good  afternoon Jumper. I had the same problem as you and purchased a pair of aftermarket  LED bulbs off ebay. The kit included all the component parts including the required pair of ballast units, one for each bulb. It was a bit involved fitting them, mostly due to having to virtually remove the nose cone and side panels to find a suitable place to hide the ballasts and wiring. The ballasts run hot and need to be fitted in a position where they do not cause overheating problems. However  once fitted, I was very pleased with the result and now all appears  in syc. with the  other lights. Just be aware that under the new MOT rules. Retro fit LED lights are a failure so you may need to decide  whether to remove  them before the test or attempt to bluff your way saying they were factory fitted if asked. If nothing is said I would not say anything.
blackbirdx5

Offline Jumper

• Crosstourer Member
  • One day I'll grow up!
  • City / Town: Southampton
Re: Headlights/ sidelights
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 04:17:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply Blackbird.

Understand what you are saying re MOT rules, so may well leave as is and just retro fit the oem side lights if required to ......... MOT not due until next year and at the same time as I need to make PCP decision -  mum’s the word!
Regards, Dave