IMG 0761

Views: 89
Posted by: biker1300
in: biker1300
The new bike

Views: 196
Posted by: The dogs
in: The dogs

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Free MOTs !  (Read 249 times)

Offline hondated

• Crosstourer Member
Free MOTs !
« on: July 21, 2018, 10:34:44 PM »
In recent years I have brought several bikes from dealers that have been advertised as having a years MOT but what I have found on purchasing the bikes is that in fact the MOT expires before the year is up. Their excuse was that it doesn't really matter because if I get it serviced by them I will get a free MOT anyone. Have you seen some of the service charges for bikes recently.
It was something I adhered to when I was buying brand new bikes but that was back in the day when a new Blackbird would cost about £8k.

Since then I have brought second hand bikes and carried out basic services myself so any offer of a free MOT is irrelevant to me.

So can I ask what are your views on free MOTs are as being a cynic I just think the cost of the MOT is just absorbed into the service charges. As they say there is no such thing as a free meal.

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Free MOTs !
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 11:43:55 PM »
Like any thing that is supposedly free I’m suspicious.

It’s a loss leader, they obviously feel that they will recoup the money elsewhere. I get my bikes MOTd at place where they don’t do bike repairs. They stand to make nothing by failing my bike so I get a proper MOT.

Colleague of mine has an 800 Tiger, always serviced and MOT’d at Triumph dealer. Fails every time, brakes, tyres whatever.

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Buggering about in West Wales
  • Bike: 13 CT DCT Black
  • City / Town: Tenby
Re: Free MOTs !
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 07:14:31 PM »
Don't get me started on Official Honda Dealers!

Checked the hourly rate they charge?  For checking screws are tight and levels are OK?

Grrrrrr  LOL LOL LOL
"Team Fat Bert" Racing

arab-exile