with Arrow Exhaust Fitted

Views: 489
Posted by: cozmo1589
in: Cozmo1589
Out with some Multi's

Views: 414
Posted by: jacob
in: Jacob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Free MOTs !  (Read 195 times)

Offline hondated

• Crosstourer Member
Free MOTs !
« on: July 21, 2018, 10:34:44 PM »
In recent years I have brought several bikes from dealers that have been advertised as having a years MOT but what I have found on purchasing the bikes is that in fact the MOT expires before the year is up. Their excuse was that it doesn't really matter because if I get it serviced by them I will get a free MOT anyone. Have you seen some of the service charges for bikes recently.
It was something I adhered to when I was buying brand new bikes but that was back in the day when a new Blackbird would cost about £8k.

Since then I have brought second hand bikes and carried out basic services myself so any offer of a free MOT is irrelevant to me.

So can I ask what are your views on free MOTs are as being a cynic I just think the cost of the MOT is just absorbed into the service charges. As they say there is no such thing as a free meal.

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Free MOTs !
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 11:43:55 PM »
Like any thing that is supposedly free I’m suspicious.

It’s a loss leader, they obviously feel that they will recoup the money elsewhere. I get my bikes MOTd at place where they don’t do bike repairs. They stand to make nothing by failing my bike so I get a proper MOT.

Colleague of mine has an 800 Tiger, always serviced and MOT’d at Triumph dealer. Fails every time, brakes, tyres whatever.

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Buggering about in West Wales
  • Bike: 13 CT DCT Black
  • City / Town: Tenby
Re: Free MOTs !
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 07:14:31 PM »
Don't get me started on Official Honda Dealers!

Checked the hourly rate they charge?  For checking screws are tight and levels are OK?

Grrrrrr  LOL LOL LOL
"Team Fat Bert" Racing