Author Topic: Oh dear Oh dear !  (Read 1760 times)

• Offline hondated

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    49
    • Topic Author

Offline hondated

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Oh dear Oh dear !
    on: Jul 20, 2018, 08.09 pm
    Jul 20, 2018, 08.09 pm
     :038: Oh well here we go into the deep end then !
    I brought my 2014 CT DCT back in February in a sale with £500 off and it was a revelation compared to the BMW GS I traded in for it

:002:. Within about a week of owning it I managed to break my left wrist so any fun was severely curtailed, well on the bike , for ten weeks. :003:
    As if that was not bad enough I then developed other medical issues which are on going  :006: and again hasn't made me want to summon up the energy to go out on the bike  :034:
    So the point of all this is to say I have not used the CT very much at all really :034: but when I have I have enjoyed it. :152:
    And here comes the But  :169:
    But what I have also found is that it is remarkably heavy,  :151: tremendously fast and the novel of DCT gradually faded.
    The weight of the bike made it tremendously difficult for me to lift it onto the centre stand but after reading advice on our forum it was made easier for me. :047:
    With regards to speed it reminded me of when I owned Blackbirds  :169: in that I was finding myself having to keep the reins in as it just wants to go  :008:
    After riding it several times in an automatic mode I opted for using it manually in sports mode and initially it felt great but I did struggle sometimes pulling out of junctions but that may just be me  :016:

This is now the part that some of you may find difficult to read :172: :005: :005: :431:so if you are of a nervous disposition and Dave please avert your eyes now. :164:
    This week seeing a bike I fancied for sale  in a showroom:016:I made enquiries about it and decided to part exchange my CT for it.
     :431:This is the nasty bit and it was :431: drum roll wait for it a BMW GS.
     :164:It seems I am an air head in more ways than one as I just love what many consider to be a tractor engine and its engine braking  :155: but in another sense I am an air head as I lost a shed load of money on what I paid for the CT and reg wise I am now riding a six year older bike.
    At least this whole experience as made me realise what I really like bike wise  :002:but its also made a GS seem as light as a sports bike. Oh and I now dont have the debt I had before so that too was a big factor in my decision as well.
    Might not now own a CT but it wont stop me coming on here as its a welcoming forum with interesting posts.
    Now running for shelter  :006:

• Offline x11

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    146

Offline x11

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: Highlander dct
    • City / Town: Lincolnshire
    Re: Oh dear Oh dear !
    Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2018, 08.47 pm
    Jul 20, 2018, 08.47 pm
    Enjoy your new bike, your money your choice; it doesn't matter what you ride as long as your riding

• Offline Maverick

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    592

Offline Maverick

• Crosstourer Master
    • City / Town: East Sussex
    Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2018, 09.12 pm
    Jul 20, 2018, 09.12 pm
    Cant really fault your pros and cons for the CT..........the biggest con is it IS bloody heavy

If you can get back out on a bike and enjoy it, it does not really matter what it is...........but a GS  :008:

• Offline Dave56   gb

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1794

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1100 DCT
    • City / Town: Grantham
    Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2018, 11.13 pm
    Jul 20, 2018, 11.13 pm
    *Originally Posted by hondated [+]
    :038: Oh well here we go into the deep end then !
    I brought my 2014 CT DCT back in February in a sale with £500 off and it was a revelation compared to the BMW GS I traded in for it

:002:. Within about a week of owning it I managed to break my left wrist so any fun was severely curtailed, well on the bike , for ten weeks. :003:
    As if that was not bad enough I then developed other medical issues which are on going  :006: and again hasn't made me want to summon up the energy to go out on the bike  :034:
    So the point of all this is to say I have not used the CT very much at all really :034: but when I have I have enjoyed it. :152:
    And here comes the But  :169:
    But what I have also found is that it is remarkably heavy,  :151: tremendously fast and the novel of DCT gradually faded.
    The weight of the bike made it tremendously difficult for me to lift it onto the centre stand but after reading advice on our forum it was made easier for me. :047:
    With regards to speed it reminded me of when I owned Blackbirds  :169: in that I was finding myself having to keep the reins in as it just wants to go  :008:
    After riding it several times in an automatic mode I opted for using it manually in sports mode and initially it felt great but I did struggle sometimes pulling out of junctions but that may just be me  :016:

This is now the part that some of you may find difficult to read :172: :005: :005: :431:so if you are of a nervous disposition and Dave please avert your eyes now. :164:
    This week seeing a bike I fancied for sale  in a showroom:016:I made enquiries about it and decided to part exchange my CT for it.
     :431:This is the nasty bit and it was :431: drum roll wait for it a BMW GS.
     :164:It seems I am an air head in more ways than one as I just love what many consider to be a tractor engine and its engine braking  :155: but in another sense I am an air head as I lost a shed load of money on what I paid for the CT and reg wise I am now riding a six year older bike.
    At least this whole experience as made me realise what I really like bike wise  :002:but its also made a GS seem as light as a sports bike. Oh and I now dont have the debt I had before so that too was a big factor in my decision as well.
    Might not now own a CT but it wont stop me coming on here as its a welcoming forum with interesting posts.
    Now running for shelter  :006:

:460:

First of all really sorry to hear of your on going medical woes and sincerely hope that better days are not too far away.  :028:
    I have to agree with you re the CT weight issue, it could certainly do with a month or two on the Weight Watchers diet :001: but to have to go skulk  :164: back to the “dark side” must have been a bitter pill (no pun intended) too swallow  :019:
    But all jokes aside as long as you have eventually found your “naverna” and it puts a smile on your face, then all is well.  :047:
    Happy future, miles and glad to hear your sticking around.  :002:
    "The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

• Offline maccduff   gb

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    124

Offline maccduff

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: CT
    Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2018, 10.11 am
    Jul 21, 2018, 10.11 am
    well coming from a pan european 1300 , i would like to say my ct is so much lighter, :046:

stay safe
    macca

• Offline Hartley   england

• Crosstourer God  ‐    3074

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2018, 11.04 am
    Jul 21, 2018, 11.04 am
    As has been said i hope your medical issues are resolved soon.
    If going to a GS suits you and your situatuion and keeps you riding then its the right move. I believe they are quite popular, must be something to them  :038:.

• Offline hondated

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    49
    • Topic Author

Offline hondated

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2018, 10.22 pm
    Jul 21, 2018, 10.22 pm
    Thanks everyone for responding so positively and giving me best wishes for my health problems. One of the reasons why I want to continue to be on here and hopefully get to a meeting some time.
    Cannot really moan being 67 and only recently developed health issues when I see kids with terminal diseases.
    Mac its funny you should say that because my mate has recently sold his Pan because of that and he is a big fella as well.
    Thanks again everyone now off to start another thread ,Ted