New Beast at the showroom

Views: 317
Posted by: MotoGpNick
in: MotoGpNick
OLD SCREEN 2

Views: 625
Posted by: Farway
in: Farway

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aftermarket windscreen still use factory adjust lever?  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Maritimer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Moncton,N.B.
Re: Aftermarket windscreen still use factory adjust lever?
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 12:24:33 AM »
Hi Thork. I'm 6'3". I'm pretty sure I bought the large. Too high is not always better.

Offline Maritimer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Moncton,N.B.
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 12:27:20 AM »
Sorry Thork, I just check my bill of sale and I got the medium.

Online DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Maritimer [+]
Sorry Thork, I just check my bill of sale and I got the medium.

I was inquiring about the size, not Thork, but thanks all the same!

Surprised that you are that tall and only went with a medium.  Did you look at the comparison numbers between OEM and the different CalSci sizes?  I don't think you bought much different than the stock size.  (maybe wider at the shoulders.)

Offline Thork

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 01:49:21 PM »
Yeah I guess I'm oddly shaped, as the tallest shields still knock my head around a bit.

The factory windshield is actually not bad at all for most of my riding but on the multi day trips, the massively taller shields are necessary for the long days.

Thanks for the tips.

Online DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 01:55:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Thork [+]
Yeah I guess I'm oddly shaped, as the tallest shields still knock my head around a bit.

The factory windshield is actually not bad at all for most of my riding but on the multi day trips, the massively taller shields are necessary for the long days.

Thanks for the tips.

A long/tall mid-section definitely can effect one's head still being in turbulence.  I would venture to guess that a Large or XL CalSci would work for you though.  Maybe with an additional MRA X-creen adjustable lip on top?

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-x-creen-sport-add-on-variable-windscreen-spoiler-blade-bolt-on-and-clamp-on-hardware-included?gloc=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw7cDaBRBtEiwAsxprXaEUmTHpViXNRotrREJhZuhDG0_RjDS0LvFY47NiI_lV-zRkBgTq0xoCeqUQAvD_BwE

Offline 4walls

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XA
  • City / Town: Abbotsford
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »
I'm in search of a good windscreen mod to relieve buffeting at the highest screen setting on the 2016 CT.  I bought a couple of M5-25 bolts and tried to put some spacers in the lower mount, but that is not enough to make much of a difference.  The inspiration for this came from my last bike, the ST1300...

Here are the spacers on the ST...  The bottom one is 3/4" long, while the top one is 1/2" with a bit taken off to put an angle on the screen side of it

Offline battle_bulge

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT DCT
  • City / Town: Brussels
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 08:24:29 AM »
Screen mods are very specific to each individual it seems, but maybe try putting all 4 spacers. I did that on my 2012 and it was a revelation.
Next mods have been diy handguard extenders (takes the winds away from arms) then an extension on top of the oem high screen.
I have not been impressed by the fork mod many here have done.

I have found myself riding 140kph in this  hot summer with my flip up open with this set-up (earplugs in flipup) ... I am not as tall as Maritimer 😉 am only 182cm
CT1200X - CRF250L - CB50J

Offline 4walls

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XA
  • City / Town: Abbotsford
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 03:34:33 PM »
I did try spacers in the top and bottom, but could not find a combination that worked. I'm back to the stock setup.