IMG 9645

Views: 49
Posted by: moriniko
in: moriniko
Full Kit

Views: 538
Posted by: Siwal
in: Siwal

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Z Bomb Review  (Read 336 times)

Offline Big Bob

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Perth
Z Bomb Review
« on: June 14, 2018, 08:05:21 AM »
So I just thought I'd give a review on the Z Bomb.

WTF is a Z-Bomb you say?

Honda in their infinite wisdom put a big hole in the power abound 3-4000 RPM in 1st and second, they also restrict the throttle openings as well because full throttle in the first 2 gears will result in instant death apparently.

So what the Z-Bomb does in fool the bike into thinking you are in 3rd when you are in 1st & 2nd.

Pics below.

All you do is unplug your Gear Position Harness and plug the Z-Bomb inline.

While it is not a 100% cure, the difference is quite noticeable and is much smoother, especially on coasting throttle in low RPM.  Also has a lot of extra pickup when you up it for the rent :)

Its a $72 US cheap hack IMHO.

Only downside I can see is that it probably doesn't work for DCT and you have to remember you cannot see if you are 1st of 2nd or 3rd as it always shows 3rd in 1st 3 gears.

For me this is they way to go until I can afford a ECU Flash and Powercommander.

Offline Mcgrath

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT 2012 Black
  • City / Town: Swords
Re: Z Bomb Review
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 05:13:10 PM »
Hi. Thanks for the review. Is it the engine or transmission thats smoother when coasting. I don't like the feedback I get from shaft when coasting around 2k RPM.

Offline Big Bob

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 08:56:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mcgrath [+]
Hi. Thanks for the review. Is it the engine or transmission thats smoother when coasting. I don't like the feedback I get from shaft when coasting around 2k RPM.

The feedbackfrom the shaft is a combination of shaft design and poor fueling, but there is a difference

Offline Big Bob

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:27:29 PM »
Sorry for the Vertical Video, but I had the phone in a holder.

This is just a short clip showing the bike in 2nd with no throttle and just how much smoother it is.

A did a quick 400k run today and about 150k of that was gravel.  Difference with the Z Bomb to me feel much better offroad at low throttle.