Author Topic: New Guy -- In Minneapolis, Minnesota  (Read 4148 times)

• Offline Friday

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    166
    • Topic Author

Offline Friday

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Manitowoc, WI
    New Guy -- In Minneapolis, Minnesota
    on: May 21, 2018, 07.12 am
    May 21, 2018, 07.12 am
    My first Honda -- 2017 Red VFR1200X DCT -- simply amazing machine -- I leaned towards the manual, but realized I'd learn a whole new "language" riding the DCT. Incredibly smooth, controllable, and versatile -- think and it happens, seamless. Quality is bar none -- but you all know that!

Farkled with black Givi Trekker panniers and topcase, black knurled Throttlemeister, black Sargent seat with red piping, Rox 2" risers, pigtail, centerstand. Picture attached.

Overall size and weight is undeniably big, but the mass catches eyes of motorists and they yield. No need for loud can and I prefer it that way. Great and easy riding at every speed -- on the slab she's really happy with a little softer preload, generous application of throttle, and a shoulder into any crosswind.

Haven't taken her yet on any major rides, but summer now approaches. Meanwhile, she did good today at Target swallowing in those Italian haunches 2 boxes of tissues, a gallon of dish soap, 9 rolls of toilet paper and other sundries of modern life.

Your thoughts?

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Re: New Guy -- In Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 08.06 am
    May 21, 2018, 08.06 am
     :400: and safe riding  :305: Really sounds good alas the picture has not appeared but your first impressions are no surprise. Wait for your first long trip that will amaze you.
    Bill

• Offline Hartley   england

• Crosstourer God  ‐    3074

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 10.04 am
    May 21, 2018, 10.04 am
     :400: Friday,

Your town is on my bucket list, see the home of the late, great, genius, Prince. 

• Offline fotodadi

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    140

Offline fotodadi

• Crosstourer Pro
    Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 11.55 am
    May 21, 2018, 11.55 am
    *Originally Posted by Friday [+]
    My first Honda -- 2017 Red VFR1200X DCT -- simply amazing machine -- I leaned towards the manual, but realized I'd learn a whole new "language" riding the DCT. Incredibly smooth, controllable, and versatile -- think and it happens, seamless. Quality is bar none -- but you all know that!

Farkled with black Givi Trekker panniers and topcase, black knurled Throttlemeister, black Sargent seat with red piping, Rox 2" risers, pigtail, centerstand. Picture attached.

Overall size and weight is undeniably big, but the mass catches eyes of motorists and they yield. No need for loud can and I prefer it that way. Great and easy riding at every speed -- on the slab she's really happy with a little softer preload, generous application of throttle, and a shoulder into any crosswind.

Haven't taken her yet on any major rides, but summer now approaches. Meanwhile, she did good today at Target swallowing in those Italian haunches 2 boxes of tissues, a gallon of dish soap, 9 rolls of toilet paper and other sundries of modern life.

Your thoughts?

:400:

Awesome choice...And I think the Sargent Seat make a good compliment! Enjoy!
    In My Garage
    2017 Honda VFR1200X Highlander
    2015 BMW K1600GTL Exclusive (written off)
    www.fdfoundation.org
    https://www.instagram.com/fotodadi/

• Offline Friday

• Topic Author

Offline Friday

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 02.55 pm
    May 21, 2018, 02.55 pm
    Thanks for the welcome, guys! 

I'll try to get the picture posted again -- I'm hitting "Attach" and selecting an appropriatly-sized PDF -- is there a step I'm missing?

Hartley -- yeah, Prince was amazing -- I went to his last live concert in the Minneapolis area -- if you're making your way here any time, let me know -- the beer' here's not too shabby

fotodadi -- with a CT and a GTL making up your stable, I'm guessing you like 'em big and with some real push under you!

[Hisae 67pc.pdf][/img]

• Offline Dave56   gb

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1794

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1100 DCT
    • City / Town: Grantham
    Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 07.35 pm
    May 21, 2018, 07.35 pm
    Hi Friday and  :400: along to the colleCTive.  :028:
    Have to say that is a great intro and I look forward to hearing further tales of “daring do” and shopping trips  :001: from across the pond.  :028:
    "The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

• Offline Hartley   england

• Crosstourer God  ‐    3074

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 09.12 pm
    May 21, 2018, 09.12 pm
    Hartley -- yeah, Prince was amazing -- I went to his last live concert in the Minneapolis area

Thats so cool, first concert i ever went to was a Prince gig. Love Sexy tour 1988.

• Offline Friday

• Topic Author

Offline Friday

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 10.39 pm
    May 21, 2018, 10.39 pm
    I’d have to say that the 2” risers are perhaps a bit excessive (or indulgent?), but they make stand on the pegs SOOOOO easy —- totally upright is comfy and one gets full view from the crow’s nest. In-town Master and Commander.

arab-exile