Wheeny Creek

Views: 274
Posted by: jacob
in: Jacob
P1010650

Views: 351
Posted by: under007
in: under007

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Training day with the French motobike police (Gendarmes)  (Read 277 times)

Offline BRITINFRANCE

• Crosstourer Master
  • I was once lost, but now I am found, thanks Jesus
  • Bike: 2014 crosstourer
  • City / Town: saint tropez
Training day with the French motobike police (Gendarmes)
« on: May 15, 2018, 08:50:54 PM »
Hi all   :821: Im back with a series of videos that I made on Sunday 13 May( I got soaked on the way there as one horrendous storm decided to open up the heavens and tip it on me ) whilst riding my CT with the Gendarmes on the twisties here, it was 2 hours in total including a short video first pointing out the safe trajectory that they use, then a quick 1km back and forth to understand what we had seen in the video and then off we went for two hours of training  :028:  This first video is as it came from the camera  :007:  but the next ones I will dub over my translation of what the Gendarmes were saying  :046:

Ride safe and enjoy the first part

BIF
Crosstourer tony

Lambretta125 (1950's) Honda SS125, BSA650 Road Rocket, Husquvana390 motocross, Honda CR480 motocross, Honda NC700X, Honda VFR1200X,

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: Irby
Re: Training day with the French motobike police (Gendarmes)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 10:22:03 PM »
WOW BRITINFRANCE, another great video, and those boys really seem to throw the bikes around on what look like wet slippy roads.

thanks again.  :028:
keep it shiny side up !!!

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 07:00:19 AM »
Well done Tony great early morning viewing. Cannot wait for the translation. Was this a voluntary ride by the police or did you have to pay towards it?
Bill

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 06:45:14 AM »
Like your thinking Yakso.  :745: :745:

Offline BRITINFRANCE

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 06:24:39 PM »
thanks guys for allways being there with your comments i really appreciate them :152: This is organised by an assurance company, the Gendarmes  are on duty and armed if they have to go off in an emergency, these take place two or three times a year and hard to get a place, I have done one last year and now this one
Lambretta125 (1950's) Honda SS125, BSA650 Road Rocket, Husquvana390 motocross, Honda CR480 motocross, Honda NC700X, Honda VFR1200X,

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 07:15:12 PM »
I saw when you was cracking jokes with them on the other video the other bobby pointed to a car thjat had just sped past you all, but they let it go to keep up with your instruction.

Good system hey like our Bike safe the police organise over here nowadays.  :028: :031:

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 12:53:43 AM »
Well done Tony, enjoyed both of them. They are so smooth and seemingly effortless in their riding but you can learn so much. :028:
Reminded me of the Bikesafe course I did with the Cambridgeshire police. Consisted of a couple of classroom sessions and then a 30 minute one on one ride with a police motorcyclist, me following him and then him following me  :005:.
It was by far the best things I’ve ever done regards motorcycle training and proved the saying “your never to old to learn” and I would strongly recommend it to anyone no matter how many years you’ve been riding. :028:
Keep up the good work mate and keep um coming.  :047:
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline BRITINFRANCE

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 10:11:58 PM »
hi Dave56, :031:  they are so good at riding it certanly puts us into place  :003:  and its really worth while doing a training course no matter what your age is, and I encourage anyone who gets the chance ,,,jump at it  you will never regret it  :028: