Author Topic: I'm Back  (Read 2501 times)

• Offline owen

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    116
    • Topic Author

Offline owen

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: wellington
    I'm Back
    on: Feb 14, 2018, 08.20 pm
    Feb 14, 2018, 08.20 pm
    After a 6 month medical ban,That actually had my licence revoked,I't was a 3days off 9 months before i got my licence back, after a admin cock up by my Consultants secretary, and an incredibly lask indifferent bloody minded and don't give f---k, our med dept. is snowed under, I finally received my licence back last Saturday from the DVLA.

My crossy has sat in the garage without complaint, But its now the cleanest crosstourer in Britain (That prob includes new stock).
    So taxed annual service and ins, I just need just a bit of sunshine bit warmer and please just ease off the rain and I'm out, I've forgotten what the teas like at the Ponderosa.
       It's been a very strange experience you so much take your licence for granted, I have been riding legally since 1966 and had a bike without stop since, One bit of advice any pain chest at all. Go straight to your doctor or a & e,Being a ruffty tough biker will not make a problem go away.
       But hey as i said last May the the sky is blue I've got my bikes what else do you need,(well a Wife's support).
      See you all soon, Oswestry is just up the road for me.

All the best Owen

• Offline Hartley   england

• Crosstourer God  ‐    3074

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Re: I'm Back
    Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2018, 09.03 pm
    Feb 14, 2018, 09.03 pm
    Glad youre fixed, the license is back and the CT wheels will be turning again soon.   :305:

• Offline navigator1946   gb

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    169

Offline navigator1946

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
    • City / Town: Hornsea, E.Yorks
    Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10.08 pm
    Feb 14, 2018, 10.08 pm

Good to hear, Owen.  Glad you're back and well.  Martin 
    Just love my HONDA Crosstourer dct, and my manual TDM900.

• Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1545

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1000
    • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
    Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06.57 am
    Feb 15, 2018, 06.57 am
    Glad you are well again owen (i have the same 'T' shirt) and have had the same 'we are busy' attitude from DVLA. So much so that i ended up giving up my HGV entitlement !!!

We are the lucky ones though because we survived mate  :028:

I enjoy riding again now and have bought another CT which is being saved for the better weather  :164:

Ian  :305:

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2018, 07.05 am
    Feb 15, 2018, 07.05 am
     :400: back Owen and hope you get some happy rides in soon  :305: Also the good advice with regard to chest pains.
    Bill

• Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    610

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
    Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2018, 08.13 am
    Feb 15, 2018, 08.13 am
    Glad to read your (nearly) back in the saddle, roll on Spring/Summer :031

• Offline Dave56   gb

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1794

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1100 DCT
    • City / Town: Grantham
    Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2018, 09.23 am
    Feb 15, 2018, 09.23 am
    Great to hear that your back to full fitness Owen and your able to enjoy your CT again.
    Would be great if you could join us in Oswestry.  :028:
    "The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

• Offline hondated

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    49

Offline hondated

• Crosstourer Member
    Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2018, 02.33 pm
    Feb 15, 2018, 02.33 pm
    *Originally Posted by owen [+]
    After a 6 month medical ban,That actually had my licence revoked,I't was a 3days off 9 months before i got my licence back, after a admin cock up by my Consultants secretary, and an incredibly lask indifferent bloody minded and don't give f---k, our med dept. is snowed under, I finally received my licence back last Saturday from the DVLA.

My crossy has sat in the garage without complaint, But its now the cleanest crosstourer in Britain (That prob includes new stock).
    So taxed annual service and ins, I just need just a bit of sunshine bit warmer and please just ease off the rain and I'm out, I've forgotten what the teas like at the Ponderosa.
       It's been a very strange experience you so much take your licence for granted, I have been riding legally since 1966 and had a bike without stop since, One bit of advice any pain chest at all. Go straight to your doctor or a & e,Being a ruffty tough biker will not make a problem go away.
       But hey as i said last May the the sky is blue I've got my bikes what else do you need,(well a Wife's support).
      See you all soon, Oswestry is just up the road for me.

All the best Owen

Having just joined the forum Owen i am pleased to read your back on your bike. Your right we can take our licences for granted and i first got mine in 1967. Although i must admit these days i take it less for granted and don't do silly speeds as i would hate to have to retake my test. Apparently the examiner doesn't stand out in the road with his clip board to get you to do an emergency stop when your riding around the block anymore.
    Having just brought my CT and ridden it twice  due to my stupidity and it would of qualified for £250 on You've been framed, i have broken my wrist so i get to know a little bit of how tough its been for you the last few months.
    Hopefully though we can both look forward to riding our bikes in the Summer.

arab-exile