Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Air filter replacement  (Read 3595 times)

Offline RiFAS

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: 14 CT Highlander
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Re: Air filter replacement
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 10:00:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jono49 [+]
Hi Rifas if your going in just for a look it's a bit of a job just for that! What mileage is your bike on? you might as well have a filter ready for when you get in there!
**** You do not disconnect any pipes for this job**** prop the tank ( Not to high...dont stretch the pipes )and take the top of the air filter housing off, have a telescopic magnet handy, or better still dont drop any screws  :028:

The front bolts (Allen head) are tight make sure your bit is right in the hole (Ooooer Missus) use hex sockets ( Six sided ) on the main bar bolts and they will be  :087:
Best of luck.....there's a link on here on how to remove the panels ( Remember the order you took them off )

Thanks, I managed it yesterday. Still could not budge the main bar bolts but managed to ‘wrangle them’ lower to get at the Allen head...just...

Removed the panels OK after following the ‘removal post’ (thanks for that). Found a couple of missing grommets and fasteners...seems to be a story with this bike.

Tentatively raised/propped the tank with no issues. Air filter still good. Wired in my SatNav and now off to Farnham Honda to replace what was missing before putting it all back together.

I’m certainly no mechanic and have not done that much work on my previous bikes but I have to say this bike is not easy to work on. So many panels to remove after removing other panels to get at the panel you need to get at. As for wiring and connectors  :087:

...in contrast my 2017 Harley-Davidson seems straight forward. Never thought I would say that.... :169:
2014 Crosstourer Highlander
2017 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 08:04:55 PM »
Hi RiFAS i assure you it isn't only the CT that needs a lot of panels removing, the AT is just as bad

I had a K&N on my 2012 CT with no noticeable power benefits but a better intake sound and obvious cost benefits due to being able to clean and re-oil

I am sticking to paper filters on my 2015 though :164:

Ian  :305:

Offline fastnlight

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Backroad Explorer
  • Bike: 2016 DCT
  • City / Town: Gig Harbor, WA
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 04:11:33 AM »
 Lots of dirt miles in 12750 total and here is how it looked.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ifb1k1tcxEn4Zahy5

Glad I dug in to chage it as I was considering waiting longer.

Greg
The Beaten Path is for Beaten People

Offline spudpie

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Pacific NW
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 03:42:33 PM »
Good stuff.  Thanks for posting.

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 11:36:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by fastnlight [+]
Lots of dirt miles in 12750 total and here is how it looked.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ifb1k1tcxEn4Zahy5

Glad I dug in to chage it as I was considering waiting longer.

Greg

Oooh  that is dirty!!!