Author Topic: Air filter replacement  (Read 8226 times)

• Offline Jono49

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    118
    • Topic Author

Offline Jono49

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2012 DCT
    Air filter replacement
    on: Dec 26, 2017, 09.57 pm
    Dec 26, 2017, 09.57 pm
    Well after a bad bout of cabin fever yesterday ( Christmas needs banned)  So it was a bonus today with sunshine forecast all day, and encouraged by this I set to with my air filter change in the great outdoors with mother nature providing the lighting (And a cracking job she did too) With 13,619 miles on it might seem a bit premature? but having done the same on other makes of bikes at this mileage I knew it would be justified  :028: I was going to do this in the garage, but when you see the panels lying around the bike you'll see outdoors is a better option in a big garden!
    I used a post on here for the panel removal in my head (I memorised it)  :460: As you will see mines a Highlander and those bars are a nuisance for this job, so I unbolted them and partially dropped them suspended with cord, itwasn't a bad job on the whole and a good opertunity to touch base with everything that lives under the panels, and surprised to find mine had all the electrical plugs sprayed with the proper grease to stop corrosion  :152:
    So anyone thinking of doing their's near this mileage.......here's some pics so you make your mind up?
    Last Edit: Dec 26, 2017, 09.59 pm by Jono49

• Offline Mika   scotland

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    953

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: VFR1200X
    • City / Town: Ayr
    Re: Air filter replacement
    Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2017, 11.01 pm
    Dec 26, 2017, 11.01 pm
    If I remember the service manual said every 16k. My dealer showed me mine at 12k and it was black, changed every 12k since.

• Offline Big Bob

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    353

Offline Big Bob

• Crosstourer Pro
    • City / Town: Perth
    Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2017, 06.13 am
    Dec 27, 2017, 06.13 am
    I go offroad a lot on dry hot dusty conditions and I get about 6000km at best before needing to wash out the filter

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2017, 06.16 pm
    Dec 28, 2017, 06.16 pm
    Can you get a k&n filter for the CT and would it be of any benefit.  :084:
    keep it shiny side up !!!

• Offline Jono49

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    118
    • Topic Author

Offline Jono49

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2012 DCT
    Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2017, 10.39 pm
    Dec 28, 2017, 10.39 pm
    *Originally Posted by pistnbroke [+]
    Can you get a k&n filter for the CT and would it be of any benefit.  :084:

Yes!.....I wouldn't know about benefits as I have never fitted one and don't think I ever will, paper element everytime for me!  :028:

.......I was going to leave it at that but I won't!!!!! The type of person that fit's a K&N filter is the type that believes the power increase will turn his bike into an uncontrolable animal, He will have the latest i-phone whatever, gels his hair, shaves his pubes to make his dick look bigger, and lives somewhere like Tenby in south Wales!.....Rant Over!!.....I'll get me coat  :001:
    Last Edit: Dec 28, 2017, 10.48 pm by Jono49

• Offline Big Bob

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    353

Offline Big Bob

• Crosstourer Pro
    • City / Town: Perth
    Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2018, 03.20 pm
    Jan 02, 2018, 03.20 pm
    *Originally Posted by Jono49 [+]
    Yes!.....I wouldn't know about benefits as I have never fitted one and don't think I ever will, paper element everytime for me!  :028:

.......I was going to leave it at that but I won't!!!!! The type of person that fit's a K&N filter is the type that believes the power increase will turn his bike into an uncontrolable animal, He will have the latest i-phone whatever, gels his hair, shaves his pubes to make his dick look bigger, and lives somewhere like Tenby in south Wales!.....Rant Over!!.....I'll get me coat  :001:

Me I just do a ###load off offroad riding in dusty conditions.  I would go broke using Honda filters.  K&n makes it cheaper.

But you are right about the power.  Honda know what they are doing and their filters have excellent flow and you wont get any extra power for the K & N

• Offline Fat Bert   gb

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    834

Offline Fat Bert

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: 13 CT DCT Black
    • City / Town: Tenby
    Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2018, 06.17 pm
    Jan 02, 2018, 06.17 pm
    *Originally Posted by Jono49 [+]

Oi!

I resemble that remark !

and it's LORD Tenby to you - sonny!

LOL

I don't like K&N Filters as they are way too expensive and although washable and reusable, there's nothing like a new fresh paper filter straight out of the box

It's a bit like toilet paper ...... got to be fresh sheets every time!

As for the shaving of pubes?  How the hell would you know unless you've been gossiping with Phylis Doris the Sheffield Tart again?

As for gelling hair - I'd love to but I cant as I don't have any left now!

So just you behave yourself or I'll be up to Kilpatrick Fleming or wherever you live ooop North and give you :-

a) A lesson in how to ride a motorbike properly as last time we rode together, I wasn't  impressed  :150:

b)  A slap!  :087: :087: :087:

Whoooosh......plop!
    Last Edit: Jan 02, 2018, 06.18 pm by Fat Bert
    "Team Fat Bert" Racing

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2018, 08.28 pm