Author Topic: Honda foglight switch for aftermarket LED auxiliary lights  (Read 6321 times)

• Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1545
    • Topic Author

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: CRF1000
    • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
    Honda foglight switch for aftermarket LED auxiliary lights
    on: Dec 09, 2017, 06.22 pm
    Dec 09, 2017, 06.22 pm
    As the title

You used to be able to buy the 'fog-light' switch as a solo item before Honda started selling the OEM foglight set-up as a package then miraculously the option to buy 'just a switch' disappeared

I still own an Africa twin which i have added aftermarket LED auxiliary lights to as well as the CT, i got a perfectly acceptable wp switch put on the AT after seeing the 'square shaped' OEM AT switch on Rugged Roads website for £26 which i thought was a bit steep.

Well i am fitting some auxiliary lights to the CT now and needed to sort a switch out to have them controlled seperately from the Headlamps  so thought back to the AT switch i had seen on RR website.

08V04-MJP-G50A is the part number so i ordered one from NWMD (russ) and got it today for £15  :038:

When i got home i tried it for a fit on my CT and sure enough it fits exactly as it should and looks right at home next to the 'torque control' button on the LHS inner panel mounting.

It might be the exact same part they use in the kit but the dealers don't have access to individual part numbers, they can only look up the complete LED lighting package

Ian  :305:
    Last Edit: Dec 09, 2017, 06.31 pm by scotsy

• Offline Jimmcc

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    1

Offline Jimmcc

• Crosstourer Junior
    Re: Honda foglight switch for aftermarket LED auxiliary lights
    Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07.56 pm
    Jan 21, 2018, 07.56 pm
    How easy is it to remove the blank and fit that Oem switch..
    I’m always worried that I break flimsy plastic bits by not knowing the way to get access into that little panel
    Any tips
    Thanks

• Offline scotsy

• Topic Author

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09.32 pm
    Jan 21, 2018, 09.32 pm
    You can't 'break' anything

The blank is held in place by 2 x screws at diagonally opposite corners on the underside of the panel. Just undo the screws the blank fall out and then put the switch in the same place using the same screws into the same holes

ian  :305:

• Offline Juggler

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    38

Offline Juggler

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: VFR1200XD
    • City / Town: Moscow
    Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07.24 am
    Jan 22, 2018, 07.24 am
    OEM CT switch 08332-mgs-p00, but AT one is cheaper. Does it fit staright without any modifications to the switch or panel (except connector ofcourse)?
    Last Edit: Jan 22, 2018, 07.36 am by Juggler

• Offline scotsy

• Topic Author

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2018, 11.08 am
    Jan 22, 2018, 11.08 am
    Well because i couldn't buy a CT switch from Honda i do not know the answer to your question Juggler, all i CAN say is it fits perfectly into the panel

i also don't have the extra loom on my bike so the OEM connecter was chopped off to wire it through a 30amp relay

This number you supplied for the CT switch might be usefull, i will ask my friendly dealer  :037:

ian  :305:

• Offline fotodadi

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    140

Offline fotodadi

• Crosstourer Pro
    Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2018, 11.30 am
    Feb 02, 2018, 11.30 am
    *Originally Posted by scotsy [+]
    As the title

You used to be able to buy the 'fog-light' switch as a solo item before Honda started selling the OEM foglight set-up as a package then miraculously the option to buy 'just a switch' disappeared

I still own an Africa twin which i have added aftermarket LED auxiliary lights to as well as the CT, i got a perfectly acceptable wp switch put on the AT after seeing the 'square shaped' OEM AT switch on Rugged Roads website for £26 which i thought was a bit steep.

Well i am fitting some auxiliary lights to the CT now and needed to sort a switch out to have them controlled seperately from the Headlamps  so thought back to the AT switch i had seen on RR website.

08V04-MJP-G50A is the part number so i ordered one from NWMD (russ) and got it today for £15  :038:

When i got home i tried it for a fit on my CT and sure enough it fits exactly as it should and looks right at home next to the 'torque control' button on the LHS inner panel mounting.

It might be the exact same part they use in the kit but the dealers don't have access to individual part numbers, they can only look up the complete LED lighting package

Ian  :305:

Thanks fro the tip. Got this and have since installed via a relay! Awesome clean look now!
    In My Garage
    2017 Honda VFR1200X Highlander
    2015 BMW K1600GTL Exclusive (written off)
    www.fdfoundation.org
    https://www.instagram.com/fotodadi/

• Offline Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    223

Offline Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
    • City / Town: DFW Metromess
    Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2018, 02.33 pm
    Feb 07, 2018, 02.33 pm
    I found the switch at a parts retailer in England, there was also a site in Spain it came up on.  They seem to be non existent for the most part.  Mine was 20 lds? I think.  Cost me as much to ship it across the pond.  In the end though the fully integrated look is excellent.  Although behind the panel the wiring looks like crap.  The wiring on my GS looked pretty and the switch like crap.

Good to know there is an alternate switch out there.

I like this better.  Nice thing was one of the LED's died and it was easy to swap out!  Well the swap was nice not the dying.  But hey it had 60K miles over 8 years and I had a second set from another bike.  All was good...  :063:
    Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

• Offline rubengodinho

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    8

Offline rubengodinho

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Bike: CT 1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Marisol
    Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2018, 04.20 pm
    Feb 17, 2018, 04.20 pm
    Good tip scotsy!

I'm actually thinking to add some new aftermarket LED fog-lights (GIVI S320) and i didn't remember about the switch item. Since my Honda dealer sells this GIVI lights, i'm going to ask them about this switch button.
    Sym GTS 125SE -> Honda Integra 750 -> VFR1200X CT