Author Topic: New York International Motorcycle Show  (Read 2004 times)

• Offline pa_max

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    47
    • Topic Author

Offline pa_max

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    New York International Motorcycle Show
    on: Dec 02, 2017, 03.55 am
    Dec 02, 2017, 03.55 am
    I was at the New York International Motorcycle Show today.
    At the Honda stand everybody was looking at the new Goldwing, there were three of them on the floor.
    There was only one Crosstourer - red with a regular clutch. Nobody was interested in it. I asked a Honda rep if Honda USA is planning to bring 2018 models of Crosstourer to USA and he said that he doesn't have such info.
    It's sad but it looks like Crosstourer did not become popular enough in the US and I am afraid we might not see 2018 models here.
    Last Edit: Dec 02, 2017, 03.58 am by pa_max

• Offline Jono49

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    118

Offline Jono49

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: 2012 DCT
    Re: New York International Motorcycle Show
    Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2017, 09.32 am
    Dec 02, 2017, 09.32 am
    Thank the motorcycling press for that one! Also thank our fellow motorcyclists who like sheep follow every word these so called experts spout when they review a bike, I personally stopped buying "Motorcycle news" last year after a comment made about the Yamaha S10 by the resident second hand bike expert  :112: if it's not made by BMW or Ducrapi they dont get a look in!
    Not having a disposable income, or retired and living in Tenby ( Go on bite ya bastid  :001: ) I have the luxury when buying a S/H bike of trawling the owners forum for a true evaluation by the owners experiences, and not by a journalist who's pen is fuelled by the number of freebies the manufacturer of the bike has stuffed in his pocket!
    We are manipulated in our everyday lives by one form of media or another! But the bike forums in my mind are a safe haven for free speach and an unbiased opinions and not influenced by marketing, and I hope it remains that way! it's just a shame their not used as much as they should be, and if people stop using "Faceache" as much they could be!!!!  :152:

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2017, 05.29 pm
    Dec 02, 2017, 05.29 pm
     :0461:, great posting.  :028:
    I have stopped buying the bmw and ducatti press release info that masquerades as Ride mag, no more will they get my money and i'll tell them so at the London bike show.
    That'll scare them.  :024: :230:
     Great bike just get out and ride it, hope to see you tomorrow Fatsam. :028: :031:
    keep it shiny side up !!!

• Offline BadgerDBad

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    50

Offline BadgerDBad

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: CT Highlander
    • City / Town: Peterborough
    Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2017, 08.56 am
    Dec 03, 2017, 08.56 am
    I have to agree on the Ride/Bike magazines, I get fed up with having BMW shoved onto every page. Equally frustrating is Honda and their reluctance to keep up with other manufacturers on the technology front, especially with the resources at their disposal.
    160 bhp please Honda. :001:

• Offline MotoGpNick

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    764

Offline MotoGpNick

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: VFR1200XSE White
    Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2017, 09.25 am
    Dec 03, 2017, 09.25 am
    The trouble is all of these publications are owned by the same group. MCN/Ride etc - KTM and Triumph are the new article leaders on every page - they obviously bung the papers more cash that the rest atm.

I am discontinuing MCN and Ride as its the same garbage in there all the time. :232:
    Yam YDS7,Suzuki T350 Rebel,Kawasaki 350 S2, Suzuki GT550, Kawasaki H1B 500, Kawasaki H2 750, Kawasaki Z1 900, Suzuki RE5 (stolen) Matchless 350 Trials, Kawasaki GTR 1000, ZZR1100C3, ZZR1100D2, Honda 900 Bandit, Suzuki SV1000K5 SZ, Honda Blackbird x 2, Honda Varadero 1000 - Honda CT

• Offline BadgerDBad

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    50

Offline BadgerDBad

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: CT Highlander
    • City / Town: Peterborough
    Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2017, 01.00 pm
    Dec 03, 2017, 01.00 pm
    *Originally Posted by MotoGpNick [+]
    The trouble is all of these publications are owned by the same group. MCN/Ride etc - KTM and Triumph are the new article leaders on every page - they obviously bung the papers more cash that the rest atm.

I am discontinuing MCN and Ride as its the same garbage in there all the time. :232:

I've been in their offices in Peterborough to do some work, it's a very pleasant place to be........if you like attractive females..... :152:

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2017, 04.08 pm
    Dec 03, 2017, 04.08 pm
    BadgerDBad, would you like an apprentice next time you go. Please. :164: :169:
    keep it shiny side up !!!