Commando Memorial, Spean Bridge

Views: 537
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob
IMG 1060

Views: 127
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best single day ride  (Read 2089 times)

Offline colngezsct

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Enjoy today
  • Bike: 2012 Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Tamborine
Re: Best single day ride
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 07:13:40 PM »
G'day Dembones, great video, it changes my view of "the states" roads.  :028:

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 11:19:51 PM »
Howdy friends...yes...we have lots of great scenic, winding, deserted riding here in the Pacific NW (upper top left corner) of the US & A! 

Offline pippobis2

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT and SW600
  • City / Town: Agrate Brianza
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 04:39:23 PM »
Hi guys, I live in northern Italy , in Lombardia, In this area there are many wonderful places I can go in a day.
There are many lakes (Como , Garda, Maggiore, Iseo....) many mountain routes (Passo Stelvio,  Gavia,) and in near Switzerland (Gotthardpass, Furkapass, Grimsellpass....) , and I can go to the sea also (mar Ligure, mare Adriatico).
I'm a lucky because there are many beautiful cities near me, (Bergamo, Bologna, Venezia, Verona) all reachable (and go back home) in a day.  :046: :305:

If you need informations....... :174: :174:

Offline Stump

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: '16 VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 06:51:27 PM »
You know, I'm not sure I've ever had a "Best day" riding... I know when I raced I enjoyed the pure clean adrenalin rush of crazy speeds and close competition.  I know that I've loved the perfect days riding on PCH north of San Francisco to the Redwoods, The cool cloudy morning along the 101 from Forks to Port Angeles in Washington.. or maybe the quiet clean morning on 93 southbound from Jasper to Lake Louise in Canada or maybe on 93 (again) northbound to Wells Nevada from Great Basin Nat"l Park  or from Ichthyosaur State park Nevada through the Yomba indian reserve to Wild Horse Reservoir near the Idaho state line.  It coulda been through the tree tunnels of upstate Michigan on 2.... or maybe the early spring ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway while just staying ahead of the storm.. 

I really don't know.. I've so enjoyed motorcycling along these past 48 years...   So many great morning rides along winding roads and through dappled light on forested twisties. 

I loved them all.  Still looking for a best.  I think I'll just need to keep riding to find out!
"... Specialization is for Insects."
- Robert Heinlein

Offline creature

• Crosstourer Pro
  • “No man is an Island” J. Donne
  • Bike: Hornet‘07/CT‘17
  • City / Town: Rome
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 07:27:35 PM »
Sounds great even if I do not have a clue of the roads you are talking about.

I do know though what you mean, I am still looking for my best day of bike riding; even if I ride over the same roads sometimes I do enjoy doing it, by myself taking friends along.

I guess we should keep on going (I am at my 35th year riding) to look for it  :305:
Honda XL 125 R PD - Yamaha XT 400 - Yamaha XT 600 R - Yamaha XJ6 Diversion - Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Yamaha FZS 1000 - Honda XL 700 Transalp

Costantino

Offline Maverick

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: East Sussex
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 07:48:27 PM »
Every ride is a good ride.

Last Sundays was varied. Went to bed in mid Wales with the forecast saying heavy rain first thing, woke up and forecast and out the window changed to heavy snow.

Left without breakfast, returned after 5 miles as left some clothes in a drawer. Took a route through the snow, later found some rain so headed to the M4. Only one lane open as snow and slush but after 120 miles made it out of Wales. Found some services 4 inches in snow for a brunch. More snow, then gales. The roads were covered now ith broken trees. Then came the floods and puddles. Last 5 miles it was almost, but not quite dry lol

Offline pa_max

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 04:40:29 AM »
Dembones,
I'm on the other side of the country - NYC, so my playground is New England. Last weekend I was skiing in Vermont, the weather was perfect for skiing but not for riding: 7 F (-16 C). In the summer I'll have a lot of one-day-rides  (better two-days-rides) in that area. New England is beautiful!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 04:42:13 AM by pa_max »

Online x11

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Highlander dct
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 07:25:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stump [+]
You know, I'm not sure I've ever had a "Best day" riding... I know when I raced I enjoyed the pure clean adrenalin rush of crazy speeds and close competition.  I know that I've loved the perfect days riding on PCH north of San Francisco to the Redwoods, The cool cloudy morning along the 101 from Forks to Port Angeles in Washington.. or maybe the quiet clean morning on 93 southbound from Jasper to Lake Louise in Canada or maybe on 93 (again) northbound to Wells Nevada from Great Basin Nat"l Park  or from Ichthyosaur State park Nevada through the Yomba indian reserve to Wild Horse Reservoir near the Idaho state line.  It coulda been through the tree tunnels of upstate Michigan on 2.... or maybe the early spring ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway while just staying ahead of the storm.. 

I really don't know.. I've so enjoyed motorcycling along these past 48 years...   So many great morning rides along winding roads and through dappled light on forested twisties. 

I loved them all.  Still looking for a best.  I think I'll just need to keep riding to find out!

That's just said it all, different country, different roads same outcome
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 07:28:26 AM by x11 »

arab-exile