Author Topic: Touring Sardainge for 8 days  (Read 7580 times)

• Offline BRITINFRANCE   fr

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    540
    • Topic Author

Offline BRITINFRANCE

• Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2016 Crosstourer
    • City / Town: SAINT MAXIME
    Touring Sardainge for 8 days
    on: Sep 09, 2017, 04.02 pm
    Sep 09, 2017, 04.02 pm
    Hello CT lovers  :008: I'm a bit early posting  :138: but me and the trouble and strife leave tomorow night from Toulon to Porto Torres Sardaigne at 20.00h on the good old Corsica ferries, night crossing taking 10 hours, return ticket for us and the CT came to 160€, we will camp in the lounge area as most people do, buy one Pietra then slip out the others I brought in the local supermarket  :008: poor old server keeps comming but the glass is allways full :821: This whole trip has been planned in 4 days, rain forcast Monday morning when we berth in Porto Torres  :003: My CT going to be dirty first day :005: that will not do !!
    There will be if I can manage on the Iphone some daily reports on this trip guys so keep coming back to check, Videos of course for my fan club will be available on USB/dvd/CD/K7s/super8/ at a discounted price  :008: :031: :031: :063: :821: :152: :062: :010: :010:

BIF

Now over excited to get on the CT and GOOOOOO :305: :305: :305:
    Lambretta125 (1950's) Honda SS125, BSA650 Road Rocket, Husquvana390 motocross, Honda CR480 motocross, Honda NC700X, Honda VFR1200X,

• Offline Dave56   gb

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1794

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1100 DCT
    • City / Town: Grantham
    Re: Touring Sardainge for 8 days
    Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2017, 06.31 pm
    Sep 09, 2017, 06.31 pm
     :028: Hope you both have a great trip bif and I'll look forward to both the reports and the vids mate.  :047: and have another Pietra on me :031:
    "The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2017, 06.45 am
    Sep 10, 2017, 06.45 am
    Have a good and safe trip  :305:
    Bill

• Topic Author

Offline BRITINFRANCE

• Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2017, 04.40 pm
    Sep 11, 2017, 04.40 pm
    Here goes then,

Sardaigne Trip
    Day 1
    Let's get Rolling  :305:

We all know that moment when all the planning and hard work for our road trip actually comes to fruition, when we push that button on the bars and the sound of that 1200 Honda V4 rumbles into life. The side cases full to busting point, you thinking surely there must be more than 10 kilos in there !! You have done the service, checked everything is tight, so why wait, throw your leg over the beast,  get the missus (navigator) in place behind you and click that switch to get the awesome DCT into manual mode, and point the nose down the drive and Gooooo.                         

We head off towards Toulon and the port,  the roads have found their normal  volume now the tourists have left, we steadily make our way there with no problem, our ferry, the huge Corsica Ferries Mega 4 is waiting there with its mouth wide open to swallow us into its bowels like that whale did to Johna. Before that digesting moment though we endure that long wait in the line with the cars as this one is loading for 2 destination ( there is no line for motos ) firstly PortoTorres in Sardaigne  where we will disembark from the diesel smelling bowels of this masterdom, then it continues to Porto Vecchio to Finnish its voyage. We install ourselves in The Rivera Lounge, happy to find an empty sofa for bedding down, a good way to keep the costs of the trip low. I order a Piétra and a cocktail for the navigator, chewed our ham sandwichs to the sounds of the 70’s with a guitarist playing in the corner, but have to get some sleep now as tomorrow will soon come with the first days riding in a new area
    BIF  :305:  :821:
    Lambretta125 (1950's) Honda SS125, BSA650 Road Rocket, Husquvana390 motocross, Honda CR480 motocross, Honda NC700X, Honda VFR1200X,

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2017, 04.56 pm
    Sep 11, 2017, 04.56 pm
    Very descriptive script, keep it coming and ride safe BIF
    Bill

• Topic Author

Offline BRITINFRANCE

• Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2017, 08.33 pm
    Sep 11, 2017, 08.33 pm

SardaigneTrip
    Day 2
    Let's get lost

Well what a night, lights out at 23.00h no not all of them, just enough to stop you from sleeping, So the night was long and uneventful until  promptly at 05.00 a bus load of French pensioners arrived from their cabins, then the ferry staff turn on all the 500 watt lights to make sure we were wide awake.
    So 06.00h on the dot the ferry docks, get ourselves dressed for the new adventure on Sardinian soil, but first we decide to have a coffee in the port after to tours of the town we finally find one open, four coffees and two croissants later we part paying 6€ !! Cheap is the word there, once daylight gave us good visibility we kitted ourselves up got the IPhone set up with Waze and headed South to Alghero as the rain was not around, good start to the day.
    So Tony being non expert an what with Gps systems said to the   now comfortably installed in her place everthing would be ok, famous last words as we ended up going down some of the narrowest roads in Sardaigne, must have done twice the distance, once there the sea was so bad there was no way we going to take a small boat to visit the Grottes de Neptune, So we pointed the CT in the right direction and arrived there only to find it was closed because of the dangerous seas, could not even walk down the 450 odd steps and back up again.
    We thought about heading up to Stintino and it's beautiful beaches but with the weather conditions we decided against that idea and set sail ( we might as well have a sail with this terrible wind) towards our next planned visit which is the beautiful seaside town of Castelsardo, the road was much better and made good time along the SP55, SS291, joining the coast road Ss200 at Maritza where the wind threw us around like a cork in a storm.
    Stopped in the little port just as you enter the town for some photos, then drove up into town for lunch. Well being good friendly bikers we parked up with three Austrian next to a Ristorante, had a quick walk before eating and luck was on our side, I saw a local traffic warden on a scooter, ah that's smells bad I said to navigator, so I rushed back and she was getting of her scoot with the ticket book in hand, I quickly pushed past all the locals getting on the bus whacked on my helmet and moved, (we were parked on some yellow grid in front of the bus) she had such a lovely smile on her face as I was gone before she could put pen to paper !!
    We did find a nice place lower down the road and after filling our body's was time to fill up the CT, she's being good and turning out 6.2lt for 100km, that done and now with menacing rain clouds in our direction we set off for thé Lago del Coghinas where we have a two night stay, after the Waze episode this morning I now change to Open street maps and the route planned back in St Tropez, things started going wrong as we followed to the letter the route shown ( I had put in twisties in the set up ) and ended up à No through farm track, about turn and back to the old truckers method and got the map put which got us eventually to thé Agritourismo farm, but not before the clouds gave a sprinkle just to really Finnish the day. Hats off to my navigator who put up with the fun! 250km today
    We are safe dry scrubbed and now off for dinner. What has tomorrow in store ? Can't wait bye all thanks for reading to the end

• Offline Dave56   gb

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1794

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1100 DCT
    • City / Town: Grantham
    Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2017, 09.48 pm
    Sep 11, 2017, 09.48 pm
     :047: sure there's a novel in this trip  :001: brilliant writing bif, keep em coming. How about a pic or two.  :028:
    "The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2017, 06.54 am
    Sep 12, 2017, 06.54 am
     :0461: Could it also be the first 2 episodes of a 'soap opera'  :008:
    Bill