Author Topic: Oh my!!!  (Read 2798 times)

• Offline slomogadgie   scotland

• Non Active
    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    1233
    • Topic Author

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
    • Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Olde School CT
    • City / Town: Peternapper
    Oh my!!!
    on: Jul 07, 2017, 08.13 am
    Jul 07, 2017, 08.13 am
    Well after a long lay off in the garage with a flat battery I took the Ducati 998 out yesterday.

I have been looking at it's lovely lines, all nice and Yellow. The Terginmo cans sticking out the back all carboned up etc. It's shiny Ohlins lurking near the pivot of its beautiful sculptured cast sing arm. the swish suede single racing seat promising me that I will feel over contour of the road as I slice my may around the apex of the bends in the lovely north East Scotland.
    The sun was up and shining and I thought today is the day baby. So I looked out my thinnest pair of racing gloves so that I could fit my hand in to the recessed contour of the tank, a recess so petit that only a hand swathed in the finest of leather will mange to enter. Key turns and the whirring starts. Touch of Choke, push the button....thunder and cluttering that only a Ducati can make, fills the air. What a day this will be.

I decided to take it to work. 70 miles round trip at rush hour............doh!

I was truly fooking buckled. Sair back sair neck and roasted thighs, wrists formed into shapes that they had long forgotten was possible.

thinking of selling it.......................nae yet though because it is a thing of beauty to me. Just plan shorter runs and not at rush hour
    What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

• Offline Fatsam47

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    322

Offline Fatsam47

• Crosstourer Pro
    Re: Oh my!!!
    Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2017, 10.37 am
    Jul 07, 2017, 10.37 am
     :001: That amused me. You're lucky to have such a bike in your garage. In a perfect world we could all have the 2nd dream bike to go with the sensible one. The CT is a good bike but it's not a looker. If I were you I'd keep the 998, if only for the odd hour long blast and to polish and gaze at over a cup of tea.  :002:

• Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    463

Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: 2015 HighlanderT
    • City / Town: SE London/Kent
    Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2017, 04.17 pm
    Jul 07, 2017, 04.17 pm
     :460: Love that...Brutally honest  :745: :745: :745:
    It all started with a 1959 Vespa 125 Super.......
    KMX125 KMX200 DRBIG 750 TDM800 R1100RS CAPONORD VARADERO.......

• Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    625

Offline DEMBONES

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: 2016 VFR1200XD
    • City / Town: PacNW
    Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2017, 05.15 am
    Jul 08, 2017, 05.15 am
    Keep 'er fer fook's sake!

Take 'er out fer a bimble now and again when the mood strikes ya.   :152:

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2017, 07.42 am
    Jul 08, 2017, 07.42 am
    *Originally Posted by capobob [+]
    :460: Love that...Brutally honest  :745: :745: :745:
    :0461: Keep it. Why. Excellent on the eye, short journey thrills and you will be a long time not riding one day. Enjoy it while you can.
    Bill

• Offline hoppicker   gb

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    84

Offline hoppicker

• Crosstourer Member
    • Bike: BMW K1 R80GS
    • City / Town: STAPLEHURST
    Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2017, 10.11 am
    Jul 08, 2017, 10.11 am
    Nice one Slomo. I have got  a BMW K1 owned from new in 1990. It used to be my only bike so was used for everything, shopping touring and a quick blast to blow the cobwebs away. The best rides though were to visit friends near Inverness. I live in Kent 600 miles on my own before speed cameras. Looking back I don't know how i did it leaving home at 5.00 am arriving about 5.00 pm. Two fuel stops and my  arse in gear after the first one.  A68, A93 A939 Fabulous roads after the congestion down south. If I got there a bit early my mate would join me for a run round Loch Ness, then back to his place for a late dinner, a couple of Malts then sleep like a log. The bike has never missed a beat. It was a time when BMW was led by Engineers not bean counters. OK its not everybodies cup of tea but anything that can go from tickover in top gear to the  rev limiter suits me. Interesting to see there are only 7 registered for the road now with a few more on SORN. Keep it Slomo enjoy it for what it is, a thing of beauty to be enjoyed by people who know art forms come in many ways. My wife hangs photos of the Rolling Stones on the walls of the house, guess what photos hang on the walls of my Workshop? Love The K1, like the CT.
    VF1200X  XRV750 AFRICA TWIN
    BMW K1 HONDA SH125i
    BMW R80GS BMW R75/6
    HONDA NC750D INTEGRA

• Offline slomogadgie   scotland

• Non Active
    • Crosstourer Master  ‐    1233
    • Topic Author

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
    • Crosstourer Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Olde School CT
    • City / Town: Peternapper
    Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2017, 07.03 am
    Jul 10, 2017, 07.03 am
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Hoppicker....I always admired BMW for taking out the K1. One of those bikes that back in the day you always knew what it was when it pasted. Only every seen one like and that was in Peterhead
    What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

• Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    610

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
    Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2017, 08.56 am
    Jul 10, 2017, 08.56 am
    Had 2 K1's in my time red, then blue, capable of cruising well into 3 numbers in a still bubble of air, same old story, should have kept it, along with my earles fork R60,  happy days. Still, returned last night from a 10day trip across Europe, last day riding from Luxembourg to Norwich stopping only for fuel & the ferry and the CT ran like a sewing machine, I'm glad I uprated the suspension though.

arab-exile