Author Topic: Crosstourer DCT not wanted by any dealer apparently  (Read 3559 times)

• Offline Drew66

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    12
    • Topic Author

Offline Drew66

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    Crosstourer DCT not wanted by any dealer apparently
    on: Jun 24, 2017, 11.27 pm
    Jun 24, 2017, 11.27 pm
    Hi just wanted to share my recent experience with you all, a dealer in my area had an open day so I went along to try a couple of bikes that I have never ridden before, after the test rides a salesman approached me for my take on the models and to see if I would like some information on costs to change etc, having eaten their sandwiches and polished off the coffee I thought why not, I gave my details and was told they would be in touch, several days later I get a call from an apologetic salesman telling me that as hard as he had tried, none of his contacted wanted the bike at any price. I thanked him for his time, and out of interest contacted the we buy any bike type of company. 24 hours later they came back to me and told me that they would also not be interested either. Anyone else had a similar experience, as at this moment it looks like I have a 2015 model in showroom condition that could not be given away if I wanted to. ( I am keeping it anyway but was extremely surprised}

• Offline DaveDee

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    231

Offline DaveDee

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: Crosstourer1200X
    • City / Town: Liverpool
    Re: Crosstourer DCT not wanted by any dealer apparently
    Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2017, 11.51 pm
    Jun 24, 2017, 11.51 pm
    Scary Drew,

Never thought that the dealer would not offer a part ex on a CT.  :005: I am confused at that, hopefuly someone on here can shed some light on this?
    Old Dogs MCC

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2017, 12.12 am
    Jun 25, 2017, 12.12 am
    Im confused.com too.
    If you want to accept a stupid low price because of needs then surely they would take such a grat bike.
    Like you Drew66, i intend on keeping this bike for a few years yet, unless i get a liking for the DCT after a test ride and a sensible part ex price after that test ride.
    Keep putting on the miles and the smiles grow bigger.
    Ride safe all.  :028:  :031:
    pistnbroke.
    keep it shiny side up !!!

• Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    610

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
    Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2017, 05.20 am
    Jun 25, 2017, 05.20 am
    Mate of mine has just sold his on eBay, and its being collected by a dealer from Germany, so there is obviously a market for them somewhere.

• Offline Hartley   england

• Crosstourer God  ‐    3074

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2017, 05.51 am
    Jun 25, 2017, 05.51 am
    It's still a fairly new concept, as more are sold, more people try it, and other manufacturers adopt similar systems the trade will have more confidence in it. It's also starting to attract a lot of praise in the bike press.

I actually chatting to a local dealer on Friday, ( not about selling my bike, just passing time, actually a Royal Enfield dealer) he said he'd tried the DCT and thought it was brilliant but he said when he spoke to others the response was nearly always " nah I don't want an automatic bike".

• Offline Slidy

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    116

Offline Slidy

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: Crosstourer, S10
    Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2017, 07.36 am
    Jun 25, 2017, 07.36 am
    I popped into the KTM/Kawasaki dealership in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago looking at the 1290 adventure and they had a dct CT in there that they had just taken in part exchange. . . Was this yours anybody?
    After comparing the other KTM models, and deciding to test ride the 1290 (which they want £10 an hour for) I got round to PX figures for mine. He said he couldn't be exact without seeing the bike, but gave me a rough figure, based on what they gave for the one that was in there, of £8000. Being a lot more that I paid for it 6,000 miles ago I was tempted, but still can't justify spending £15,000 on a new bike.

So they do takes CT's, but only against high value sales?

• Offline Drew66

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    12
    • Topic Author

Offline Drew66

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2017, 08.06 am
    Jun 25, 2017, 08.06 am
    Could someone give my experience a test by doing a on line valuation with the we buy any bike type of companies. I may just have been unlucky and spoken to the wrong people who did not understand what I have, and the DCT part. The dealer told me that his Honda contacts could not sell the ones they had, and certainly did not want anymore which I found a little disappointing.

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    Reply #7 on: Jun 25, 2017, 08.19 am
    Jun 25, 2017, 08.19 am
    Could that have been a buying ploy to smash your confidence and hammer the price on your bike down even more on a slightly later return call. :027:
    keep it shiny side up !!!

arab-exile