Author Topic: New member and intrigued  (Read 2650 times)

• Offline Chrisp62

• Crosstourer Junior  ‐    3
    • Topic Author

Offline Chrisp62

• Crosstourer Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: vfr1200xc HIGHLA
    • City / Town: Newcastle
    New member and intrigued
    on: Jun 01, 2017, 07.30 pm
    Jun 01, 2017, 07.30 pm
     :001: :001: :001: Firstly Hello every one, pleased to meet your acquaintance.. should you ever travel up to or in the region of the Uk NE3 then give me a shout.
    I live on the outskirts of Newcastle  and very close to the airport funny enough, but a secret we normally keep quiet is that from here you have about 10 miles to the east coast, a few miles north up the road the beautiful country side of Northumberland with a few castles and ruins,  may I say about 60 miles to the west you well on your way to the lake district oh yes, great roads and what a nice trip on a fine day.. 70 miles and you will cross the border into Scotland and yes i am jealous on the scotts but haven the legs for a kilt so just as well ehh..
    about my self ehh , well i dont like the age barrier as still think i am about  30, i wish,  born  in 1962 i am pretty experienced LOL
    married 1 wife and 2 great daughters giving me 4 little nuisances called Grand kids, that was a tough pill i tell ya !!
    Then again the two boys Taylor 7 and conor 4  both like the bike, tayllor normally waits until i come in from work and with a helmet i take him round the block  and can here him yelling "faster granda Faster" got into third last week  he was well pleased..  trouble was Thea his sister wanted the same treatment just aged three !! she sat on the tank and went round the court and was very pleased. . some good potential for future members here i thinks..
    me.. well I like to absorb the countryside and give that awesome engine a thing to think about occasionally but not a mad man. annoyed that i bought the bike to engage in some serious touring and have not done so yet.
    Saying that we did the isle of man 2 years ago as the wife doing my family tree needed info on the Corkhill family ,well they seem to come from the isle of man!! whey hey man, proud of that i am so off we went, well 1st time out on a decent ride for my wife and it was horrendous torrential rain for three days as we toured the lakes, she looked like a Michelin man in the waterproofs but got on with it so credit to her..
    The isle of man was great the sun shined and the classic TT was on even though we didn't realise and even better the route was 200 yards from our B&B  .. great time and a must do for you lot reading this, nice people nice place expensive ferrys though..
    next trip in August is to Caernafon Castle wales, then bristol, Oxford,and Southhampton, rest we are  having work out yet but leisurely trip back after a weeks cruise. yeah cheating a bit .. if you on route lets meet.. all the best. chris p
    chrisp..

• Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    314

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: CT X
    • City / Town: Orpington
    Re: New member and intrigued
    Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2017, 08.23 pm
    Jun 01, 2017, 08.23 pm
            :400: to the group if you need to ask any points about the CT just ask away in joy your CT which is it by the mannal or DCT crosstourer or highlander.

Regards

Fire fox.
    Last Edit: Jun 01, 2017, 08.26 pm by firefox

• Offline Dave56   gb

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1794

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: CRF1100 DCT
    • City / Town: Grantham
    Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2017, 08.57 pm
    Jun 01, 2017, 08.57 pm
    Now that's what I call an intro, brilliant.  :001:
    :400: to the colleCTive crisp62
    "The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

• Offline colngezsct

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    130

Offline colngezsct

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: 2012 Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Tamborine
    Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2017, 09.47 pm
    Jun 01, 2017, 09.47 pm
    Hi and welcome, a trip to the Isle of Man is definitely on my wish list but living "down under" makes it a bigger challenge... I know this is slightly off topic but my wife and I are planning to meet with friends from Yorkshire next year and do a tour of Europe by motorcycle, the cost of hiring is ridiculous so was considering buying and reselling on departure. Have also heard some European manufacturers have rent/buy deals. The biggest issue is in obtaining insurance for the bike, any ideas???    :440:

• Offline DaveDee

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    231

Offline DaveDee

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: Crosstourer1200X
    • City / Town: Liverpool
    Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2017, 11.41 pm
    Jun 01, 2017, 11.41 pm
    Welcome Crisp62  :400:

I think you will find, like i have that this is a friendly and welcoming forum. Plenty of good advice and tips for the CT owner.

Sounds like Newcastle will be getting added to my "Want to ride list"
    Old Dogs MCC

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Reply #5 on: Jun 02, 2017, 07.13 am
    Jun 02, 2017, 07.13 am
     :400: and safe riding  :305: Wonderful part of the country where you live. Used to be a frequent visitor to Langley Castle when I good rugby friend used to manage it and where we stayed during our tours.
    Bill

• Offline BRITINFRANCE   fr

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    540

Offline BRITINFRANCE

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: 2016 Crosstourer
    • City / Town: SAINT MAXIME
    Reply #6 on: Jun 02, 2017, 09.09 am
    Jun 02, 2017, 09.09 am
     :400: along to the club, now that we all know about you and your family with such a good intro  :028: have fun on your trip,
    BIF
    Lambretta125 (1950's) Honda SS125, BSA650 Road Rocket, Husquvana390 motocross, Honda CR480 motocross, Honda NC700X, Honda VFR1200X,

• Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    463

Offline capobob

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: 2015 HighlanderT
    • City / Town: SE London/Kent
    Reply #7 on: Jun 02, 2017, 09.47 am
    Jun 02, 2017, 09.47 am
     :400: to the extended family  :002:
    It all started with a 1959 Vespa 125 Super.......
    KMX125 KMX200 DRBIG 750 TDM800 R1100RS CAPONORD VARADERO.......