Author Topic: How can I buy a new CT?  (Read 6404 times)

• Offline VfuRry   gb

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    219
    • Topic Author

Offline VfuRry

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: VFR1200XDH
    • City / Town: Ashbourne
    How can I buy a new CT?
    on: May 06, 2017, 09.17 am
    May 06, 2017, 09.17 am
    As I've mentioned in my 'Hi' post (New Members), I'm a VFR1200F rider thinking of changing to an X. I've also been considering a KTM 1290S (seduced by the electronics, 30kg lighter, rave reviews...).

Apologies for my first post being a bit moany; not about the bike itself, but about Honda...

But a problem I have is that Honda (UK) don't seem very interested in actually selling me a CT.  Not only are Honda m/c dealers few & far between in the UK (there used to be one in Northampton, now the nearest is 20 miles away), but they don't have a demo bike available, and have no plans to make one available. Do they really expect me to spend that much money without trying first, on the strength of just sitting on one?  And I've called dealers a bit further afield, who say they'll phone me back to 'let me know' if/when a demo is available, and then I hear nothing.

What's wrong with Honda?  Is it just me, or is this a common experience?

• Offline Hartley   england

• Crosstourer God  ‐    3074

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
    • Bike: Crosstourer
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Re: How can I buy a new CT?
    Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 12.21 pm
    May 06, 2017, 12.21 pm
    Hi and  :400:

I'm in Northampton too. I bought my first CT from Doble in London, second from Hunts in Manchester. They seem to be the most willing to do a good deal in my experience.

I found Milton Keynes very unhelpful when trying to buy my first CT. They did let me have a rest ride but didn't return calls when I was trying to buy. That said, for convienience I've just had my first service on my new bike done there and they were ok.
    I used to go all the way to Grantham to get the bike serviced and they also helped me out when I had a problem that meant I couldn't ride the bike to a dealer. No one else would collect even though it was under warranty.

There's also Kestral near Coventry.

If and when you do get a test ride I'd recommend trying manual and DCT.

• Offline Yasko   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1361

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
    • City / Town: Canterbury
    Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 04.50 pm
    May 06, 2017, 04.50 pm
    No location listed for you but Kent Motorcycles at Barham near Canterbury, Kent. I have dealt with them for over 18 years and currently H (the owner) has at least 2 in stock I believe, p/x'd my CT for the AT a few weeks ago with him. Best of luck finding one. PM me if this is any good to arrange something for you.
    Bill

• Offline Martymouse

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    592

Offline Martymouse

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: VFR1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Holywell
    Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 05.26 pm
    May 06, 2017, 05.26 pm
    Funny enough, I was in Suttons in Bromsgrove earlier today. I was struck on just how many ATs they had, but not a single CT in sight.
    From that I might be tempted to suggest the CT star is on the wane ...
    Mr Honda clearly has a new favourite child
    Puch125, CD175, CB175, C90, CB100, CB900, VF750, K100, CBR1000, CBR1000, DR650SE, RF900R, Bayliner, RF900R, Super Blackbird, Piaggio X9 125, Burgman 650, Hayabusa, VFR1200F, VFR1200X, F800 GT,

• Offline Hartley   england

• Crosstourer God  ‐    3074

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
    • City / Town: Northampton
    Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 05.42 pm
    May 06, 2017, 05.42 pm
    Exactly what I saw in Milton Keynes, about 6 or 7 new ATs with 2 used and a demo.

• Offline ukstu

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    488

Offline ukstu

• Crosstourer Pro
    • City / Town: Warrington
    Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 06.52 pm
    May 06, 2017, 06.52 pm
    I also used Hunts and Doble for my two CT's (in that order). Impressed with both, my test rides have all been with Hunts for the financial deal at least. I used Bill Smiths in Chester for my last service but they have never had a demo bike in when I've asked. I saw a couple of new CT's in Colwyn Bay motorcycles about 6 weeks ago.

The AT is being pushed and is obviously in greater demand, but it's a completely different bike to the CT ( as we've discussed on here many times).

• Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    314

Offline firefox

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: CT X
    • City / Town: Orpington
    Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 09.41 pm
    May 06, 2017, 09.41 pm
     I have used Dobles for 20 years at. Least check there second hand shop you should with luck find second hand bikes to take a test ride for a few hours at least if others dealers not up to selling you CT then go to Doble's and they deliver as well any where in the UK they are open 7 days a week use them just do it and they do part X just go to them I have known paul styles a long time phone number 0208668 8851
    Regards
    Firefox
    Stephen hill

• Offline Gary545

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    185

Offline Gary545

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR 1200XD
    • City / Town: Wirral
    Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 10.13 pm
    May 06, 2017, 10.13 pm
    I bought my CT new from Doubles 2 years ago because they offered me £1000 more PX on my 2013 CT than any other Honda dealer in the country just over the phone without even seeing the bike in the flesh  :152: