Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wilbers LDC Nivomat  (Read 2195 times)

Offline dens

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT & BMW RACER
  • City / Town: Newtownards
Wilbers LDC Nivomat
« on: April 18, 2017, 01:47:47 PM »
Hi Guys anyone out there have experience of the Wilbers LDC Nivomat rear self levelling shock absorber as it seems to be priced in the middle of the cheaper and expensive units

Offline wforider

• Crosstourer Member
Re: Wilbers LDC Nivomat
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 09:34:05 PM »
I know I'am interested too..only came up with a video. Afraid they are a old idea with some lipstick.
Still hoping on finding a post.

Offline plukenannabel

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 01:42:26 PM »
Anyone who owns a nivomat. Sounds convenient but is it comparable to the self adjustable ones from wp, traxx, ohlins and such. It is comparable pricewise

Offline plukenannabel

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 05:28:25 PM »
installed one today, 614 euro new.

you will hear if it is is an improvement once the salt has rained of the road in march/april

Offline Athome

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 08:00:56 PM »
I've also mouted a Wilbers Nivomat at the rear and new springs at the front.

I choose the Nivomat because I will ride about 50% of the time with 2 persons but (ofcourse) also alone. When going on holiday, fully packed luggage will also mounted onto the CT. That means for me that i keep turning the pre-load of the rear shock.
First of all I really don't know what the optimal setting is for each case
Second. I'm lazy. In these modern times there should be an autmatic solutions for this

At my Previous CT a HyperPro streetbox was mounted. It is a nice set but it was not my taste. The front was always to stiff and the back was nice when riding with 2 persons. The riding over many types of roads (also the bad ones) was really solid with the HyperPro.

So I want the ride quality, but not stiffness and easy to use.
And there was the Nivomat.

My impressions:
The front and back are more comfortable then HyperPro. The front is comparable with the original springs but it doesn't seems to dive that deep when braking hard. So little change.
The back is a complete different story. When riding alone it is more firm then the original shock but never uncomfortable. Speedbumps and bricked roads ( there are plenty of then in my part of the country) is still very good riding. The Control of the bike is much better. It listens better and more direct to my commands
Riding with 2 persons is superb. The firmness from riding alone is gone but the control when riding over speedbumps, bricked roads, etc is still 100% there. My wife really knows how ride with me. So I can push the CT to my limits. These limits are much further away then with the original suspension.

On the Highway the CT is much more stable then with the original suspension. There is much more balance in the bike.

My recommendation:
If you ride most of the time alone. The Nivomat is probably a waste of money. Because it unique selling point is the automatic adjustment to the load of the motor

arab-exile