Author Topic: All booked up  (Read 3782 times)

• Offline Blunderbust

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    75
    • Topic Author

Offline Blunderbust

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Cross Tourer X
    • City / Town: Norwich
    All booked up
    on: Apr 12, 2017, 09.08 pm
    Apr 12, 2017, 09.08 pm
    Just completed all the bookings and paid for my next European trip. Me on my CT and a friend on his BMW are leaving from Harwich to HH on Saturday evening (2300) 29 July. Next morning 200 miles to Werl in Germany followed by an afternoon visit the (dam busters target) Mohnesee. Next morning set of to Colditz for 2 days visiting the museum and castle, then on to Wroclaw in Poland for an overnight stay. Next morning set of to Krakow for 2 days with a visit to the Schindlers Factory and Aschwitz/Birkenau. Then on to Zagen Poland for an overnight stay and next day visit Stalag Luft 111 (Great Escape). We are then booked into the Hotel California on the Kurfurstendam, Berlin for 3 days/nights of touring the city. There after we will be heading to Arnhem Holland via an overnight stay in Bad Nenndorf to visit the main 2 Military museums and an overnight stay before getting the afternoon ferry back to Harwich. Total miles just under 2000, 14 days away and cost each for fuel, Ferries (2 berth outside cabin on way out) and hotels (12 nights Twin room) £837 each. All we need to think about now is spending money. Woop woop. Anyone who is in the area and can meet up let me know and we might be able to cross tracks if time and dates suit, it would be good to meet up.
    Last Edit: Apr 12, 2017, 09.12 pm by Blunderbust
    Ride Safe.

• Offline BRITINFRANCE   fr

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    540

Offline BRITINFRANCE

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: 2016 Crosstourer
    • City / Town: SAINT MAXIME
    Re: All booked up
    Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2017, 09.30 pm
    Apr 12, 2017, 09.30 pm
    Wow that is precise military planning :005: and your visits seem to go along that line,,, :008:   have a great time and enjoy the holiday  :028: look forward to seeing some photos of your trip Blunderbust
    Lambretta125 (1950's) Honda SS125, BSA650 Road Rocket, Husquvana390 motocross, Honda CR480 motocross, Honda NC700X, Honda VFR1200X,

• Offline pistnbroke   england

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    1572

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: crosstourer
    • City / Town: Irby
    Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2017, 10.26 pm
    Apr 12, 2017, 10.26 pm
     :0461: with you BRITINFRANCE.
    But i have my own thoughts too.

Envy, Envy, Envy.

Need i say any more.
    Oh, by the way, i am very nevious of you.

Have a great trip because it sounds like it'll be a great one.  :028:
    keep it shiny side up !!!

• Offline Martymouse

• Crosstourer Master  ‐    592

Offline Martymouse

• Crosstourer Master
    • Bike: VFR1200X DCT
    • City / Town: Holywell
    Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2017, 12.15 am
    Apr 13, 2017, 12.15 am
    Defo I detect a military theme.
    Sounds really good.
    I will also sign up to the "not at all  envious" camp  :062:
    Puch125, CD175, CB175, C90, CB100, CB900, VF750, K100, CBR1000, CBR1000, DR650SE, RF900R, Bayliner, RF900R, Super Blackbird, Piaggio X9 125, Burgman 650, Hayabusa, VFR1200F, VFR1200X, F800 GT,

• Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    290

Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR1200F
    Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2017, 07.30 am
    Apr 13, 2017, 07.30 am
    *Originally Posted by Blunderbust [+]
    Just completed all the bookings and paid for my next European trip. Me on my CT and a friend on his BMW are leaving from Harwich to HH on Saturday evening (2300) 29 July. Next morning 200 miles to Werl in Germany followed by an afternoon visit the (dam busters target) Mohnesee. Next morning set of to Colditz for 2 days visiting the museum and castle, then on to Wroclaw in Poland for an overnight stay. Next morning set of to Krakow for 2 days with a visit to the Schindlers Factory and Auschwitz/Birkenau. Then on to Zagen Poland for an overnight stay and next day visit Stalag Luft 111 (Great Escape). We are then booked into the Hotel California on the Kurfurstendam, Berlin for 3 days/nights of touring the city. There after we will be heading to Arnhem Holland via an overnight stay in Bad Nenndorf to visit the main 2 Military museums and an overnight stay before getting the afternoon ferry back to Harwich. Total miles just under 2000, 14 days away and cost each for fuel, Ferries (2 berth outside cabin on way out) and hotels (12 nights Twin room) £837 each. All we need to think about now is spending money. Woop woop. Anyone who is in the area and can meet up let me know and we might be able to cross tracks if time and dates suit, it would be good to meet up.
    You will be riding by like 3 km from my home  :018:

• Offline Blunderbust

• Crosstourer Member  ‐    75
    • Topic Author

Offline Blunderbust

• Crosstourer Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Cross Tourer X
    • City / Town: Norwich
    Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2017, 08.26 am
    Apr 13, 2017, 08.26 am
    Yes it is all to do with the wars. My friend has a huge collection of war time memorabilia having visited the French and Belgian Battle field area's and  has always wanted to visit all the places mentioned but was unsure. So I planned this trip so that he can get all his visits in. I have been to most of the places before indeed I was stationed in Werl in the 80s for five years then in Berlin for 2. I also have a house in Poland (Warsaw) so I do get over to the area at least twice each year. I can get on with planning next years trip but not 100% sure what area to visit next time.

Veefour I will be in Wroclaw on the afternoon/evening of 2 August, Krakow on the afternoon/evening of the 3rd staying until morning of the 5th then heading up to Zagen for the afternoon/evening of the 5th. Then of to Berlin for the 6/7/8th. If it is possible we might be able to meet up, even if it is just for a brew on one of our breaks/fuel ups.
    Ride Safe.

• Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    290

Offline veeefour

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: VFR1200F
    Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2017, 08.59 am
    Apr 13, 2017, 08.59 am
    *Originally Posted by Blunderbust [+]
    Veefour I will be in Wroclaw on the afternoon/evening of 2 August, Krakow on the afternoon/evening of the 3rd staying until morning of the 5th then heading up to Zagen for the afternoon/evening of the 5th. Then of to Berlin for the 6/7/8th. If it is possible we might be able to meet up, even if it is just for a brew on one of our breaks/fuel ups.

Noted!

I'm not always there but maybe we can meet briefly as mentioned - cheers!  :821:

• Offline battle_bulge

• Crosstourer Pro  ‐    146

Offline battle_bulge

• Crosstourer Pro
    • Bike: CT DCT
    • City / Town: Brussels
    Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2017, 10.26 am
    Apr 13, 2017, 10.26 am
    For your next "military" trip I can also recommend a loop through my native Belgian (and Luxembourg) Ardennes (nice twisty roads and sceneries btw - ask Stevenweert) and a visit to (amongst others) the recently renovated, interactive battle of the bulge Bastogne Mardasson museum. Enjoy!!
    The also jealous me
    CT1200X - CRF250L - CB50J